Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 12 doesn't work with NVIDIA 3D Vision Discover
tHE uKER [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2011 21:14 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I think it was up to version 1618 that PowerDVD worked with 3D Vision Discover (selecting NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready Monitor).
Starting with version 1905c, when you try to select this option, it says "The content or display doesn't support this mode" and it reverts to the previous setting.

I know there's the "anaglyph red/cyan" setting, but choosing the 3D Vision option produced an output that looked MUCH better due to the color filters closely matching those of NVIDIA's Discover glasses. Using the built-in anaglyph setting, the 3D effect is OK, but everything looks greenish and washed out.

It would be great to keep this option available, as I have an LG 47" 3D TV connected to my PC but I still use the Discover glasses for casual 3D viewing on my non-3D desktop monitor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16. 2012 04:28

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
thanks for your report - we will let our QA investigate your findings.

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
to further investigate the issue we need more information:

1. Base build
2. What BD title or 3DBD title
3. Platform info (ex: VGA card, version of NV driver) [best would be DXDIAG log file]

Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan