Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to play disc after playing video file?
tHE uKER [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2011 21:14 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe it's just me, but...
Insert a Blu-ray into your drive, open PowerDVD 12, play a video file (not the Blu-ray), hit stop.
Now how would I play the Blu-ray if I wanted to?

Only ways I've found: ejecting and reinserting the Blu-ray, or restarting PowerDVD altogether.

Am I missing something, or...?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 09. 2012 21:50

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
after pressing Stop I select the DVD/BD module and press start.

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
tHE uKER [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, thanks for your answer.
Even after your indication, it took me some time to find it.
I find it quite unintuitive that this was inside "Media Library", where one would expect to find the videos found in their HD folders.
I don't use the library and keep it collapsed, doing all the video loading through "My Computer", so that's why I hadn't seen it before.

Also, it's kinda convoluted that you're supposed to choose the "BD/DVD movie" item and then jump to the bottom left button to select which drive you intend to play.

As a suggestion, it would be much more straightforward if you could just select the drive on "My Computer" and press play on that.

Thank you again.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 09. 2012 21:57

ganesha86 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 16, 2012 00:54 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Are there any error messages when you start it
tHE uKER [Avatar]
[Post New]
Um, no. Why?