Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
1. View original/ source clip frame #/ time stamp info: Ability to view Original/ Source Clip frame #/ time stamp. This info should be available, otherwise, how would PD know what segments of the original clips should be in the time line. This should be displayed in the Preview Window off to the side of the existing Clip frame # box. The Original Clip frame number range should also be viewable in the clip properties window and should be viewable when mousing over the clip in the time line.

2. Clip note annotations: When in Time line, it would be nice to add notes/ annotations to key frames. This would be beneficial to notate the start of key scenes or notating points for synchronizing actions or future cut points. Would be like adding Key Frame edit points, only another symbol shape and the ability to add a linked note. This would greatly speed up the editing process in larger projects and projects with long clips that need to be edited down. This would also reduce the need of making notes on scrap paper that usually get lost when taking breaks when editing. The ability to place 3 symbols would be nice (in cut, out cut, and a midpoint or synchronize symbol). This would allow one to preview a long clip and make notes that can be saved for future edits.
Thank you for your suggestion efforts, but I do not see how that will help, as the edited tracks have lost their reference to the original tracks, and you always just view the original clips in the project library.

This Sounds like a feature request as this is standard in other editing programs.
The you-tube filters sometimes wrongly flag soundtracks as having Copyright infringement soundtracks.

Is you-tube telling you that it removed the sound track due to copyright issues?

When in your account, view your videos. If this is the problem you will see something like “Matched third party content. View Copyright Info. “

If so, you will need to go through the You-Tube dispute process. Click on the highlighted “View Copyright Info” to start this process.

Yes, that is a work around for the first cut.

But I would still like to have reference to the original source to make sure key scenes do not end up on the cutting room floor on following cuts without re previewing though all the frottage. In large projects, with lots of split clips from the same source file, they all start to look the same . . .

IE I have 6 hours of footage from three GoPro cameras that were shooting continuously at the same time that I am pulling together and will need to get down to less than 15min. This will take multiple scrubs though cutting out non essential segments . . .

I could also annotate each clip in the time line by editing clip aliases, but that is will be labor intensive non value added step . . .

It would be best to be able to see the source file info that PD is using to define the clip . . .
After splitting a clip, is it possible to view the original time/ frame stamp?

I have made a bunch of notes to original clip time stamps/ frame #s for editing. Once you spit a clip on the time line, is it possible to view the original clip time stamps of your new clip segments?

What I am seeing now is that once you split a clip, the new clip B restarts it’s time/ frame count at 0.00 with viewable reference to the original clip frame #s

This info should be available, otherwise, how would PD know what segments of the original clips should be in the time line.

So, how does one view the Original time/ frame #s ?

Thanks
Steve
Using multiple drives is what we used to do in the old days with other editing programs and the slower systems we had to work with. The key there was to avoid read/ write conflict delays. Program on one drive (C Drive) , source Material/ Project files on another, and production written to a third drive. This could also help here to get the last bit of performance from your system.

Another option: I just changed out my C drive SSD for a larger one and now use my older SSD exclusively for my current project source files and produce to a 3rd HD. I was using the HD for my source media files and the same drive for production output. I see a dramatic improvement in both editing and production from running my source files on the SSD vs the relatively fast HD. Before this change, my i5 processor was running ~30% & only occasionally Peaking to 50 or 60% max. It is now pegging out 50% of the time while producing using the two SSDs (one SATA3 & the other SATA2).

If an SSD is not in your budget try adding a separate fast HD drive for your source materials.
If your Key no longer works after the clean & update, Open a support ticket stating that your key no longer works after reinstall and they should provide you with a link to a full compiled version 2702 for download that your key will work on.

In my case, it took 24 hrs for the response, but I now have 2702 working ~ nicely. Still a bit glitchy but running 98% better that it was.
OK almost there! :

Just did a Clean, Reinstall and re Patch using (CyberLink.2702_Patch_VDE110120-07). Now PD9 asks for my key and my activation Key fails with 2702 on two clean & install attempts.

Then re-cleaned and installed to base level of .2316 It is not asking for a new key and everything seems to be working fine for at least for moy limited testing on the things that was making it hang fairly frequently as stated above.

Will do some more testing over the next day or so using .2316 before re battling the key activation issue with 2702.

For those with similar issues, what seemed to be the answer was to do the following in this order:
1. make sure C drive has at least 100 GB free
2. Install latest MB BIOs
3. Re install latest ATI Drivers, CAPs, and AMD Media Codec Package (find on ATI optional download tab)
4. Change Virtual memory from System managed to 1.5 times RAM, and 3 times that figure for the maximum size.
5. ReUpdate QuickTime
6. Ignore and do not feed the forum troll . . .
7. Run CLCleaner-PDR7.0-9.0.exe & CLCleaner-PDR9SmartSound.exe per http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15688.page
8. Reinstall Power Director & Content Pack
9. Then run the latest Patch (if you are able to . . . if not, loop back to step 7.)

I still suspect a failed i-tunes install as the root cause and other i-tunes conflicts as it tries to take control of playing media. I do know that it messes with my powerDVD and other windows audio playback some times (but only when the iPod is plugged in . . . without a reboot). If at allposible try to keep i-tunes off your system. . .

Hope this helps

Steve

In my case:
• no shadow file
• No Cross Fire

See other files attached in above posts, current project screen shot attached. Other projects without mixed mp3 & QuickTime clips also have the same issue.

Playback after a save and transitions seem to be a common trigger to the events prior to the aplication hanging.
Please see event log for maybe some clues.

Thanks

For this one, I used the youtube Full HD auto profile settings.

See screen shot for the settings and resulting file properties. It produced a 1920x1080 .wmv file that was at a 10320kbps bitrate & 29fps. (this was down sampled from the largely 60fps source)

I did however have the HW video encoder checked. (This could have helped. . . using a HIS HD 5770 1GB video card(AMD ATI Radeon HD 5700 series))

I also use the GoproHDs.

The 720 settings r2 & r3 both shoot 170 deg at 16:9 full screen. For fast action I get very good smooth results using the r3 60fps setting.

Opening shot was filmed using r5 1080p 30fps & the rest was filmed using r3 720p 60fps 170 deg.

Blur was added back in with PD delay effect. This was a very active thermic/ rough air day. PD Image stabilization was only used on the first hand held shot. The 720P was upscaled to 1080p using PD.
Hi Robert,

Great Video & nice landing in the strong wind . . .

What are you using for your in flight mic sound track?
Did you patch into your nornal radio mic to the GoPro, use a seprate voice recoding device, or did you do a voice over?

I am also using GoPros for creating PG videos and am very interested in the details.

Thanks,
Steve
OK, I am also back for another round . . . and Drive size is not the problem now.

I have tried many things short of reinstalling PD9 (9.0.0.2702) again after these updates. That will probably be next.

This is what I have tried so far with no improvement with any of the changes that were made incrementally: (Working on a project that had 12GB of HD clips as original source)
• Changed out the C drive for a 240GB SATA3 SSD with 160 GB free
• Installed latest MB BIOs
• Re installed latest ATI Drivers, CAPs, AMD Media Codec Package
• Changed Virtual memory from System managed to 1.5 times my 8GB RAM, and 3 times that figure for the maximum size.
• Used MSconfig to selective start-up . . .
• Updated QuickTime
• put QT to Audio & Video safe modes
• Disabled Norton virus protection
• Removed Smart Sound from Music track.
• Stopped auto logging into director central
• Changed the C drive to a 400GB SATA1 HD with 320 GB Free
• Changed play back settings down to normal playback
• Changed back to 240GB SATA3 SSD with 160 GB free

Still have the problem . . .

PD9 hangs usually at a clip transition on movie playback after a drag trim edit; or after adding a fade transition; closing a Gap after a save; Play movie post save after an edit at the next clip. The system will also hang after dropping a fade transition between two clips.

Any Ideas ???

Thanks
Yes we run one steam game as well (dirt2) for a whapping 10K of disk space on the C . . . Not much else is on it . . . other than PD9 & PDVD.

Not USB drives, both drives are SATA 2. The 2 TB drive serves as Working files, ~ short term DVR storage, and low use program file location. Media, music and back up are served up on from an NAS raid.

Have 4 more SATA ll and 2 SATA lll open in the System, so it looks like it is time to Up the C drive size to get the full recommended disk caching needs met. Will let you know how it works out.

Thanks for the help!

Ok thanks,

My C drive is a SSD & I have a 2TB working file hard drive. (both SATA 2)

OS, rather large page file, & some high demand programs are on the C drive for the fast access time. All else is on the working drive.

My power director working folders (project files and source clips) are on the 2Tb drive.

This system is also our HTPC/ Living room Gaming PC and the more instant on was the driving factor to using a SSD for the Primary . . . Was hoping to use this system for awhile May need to rebuild a dedicated system again . . .

But untill that time; where does the required space need to be? Is it for the page file? Or where ever the Power director program resides? Or can I point to a working file folder on some specific drive?

Would PD9 be happier to live on another drive other than the C drive? and/ Or do I need to rebuild the C drive. . .

Thanks
When you apply the patch, do you do it on top of an install?

Or do you uninstall and then install the patch by itself? Ie. Are the patches complete installs?

Does each patch include the prior patch changes, or are they additive. ie you need to install each patch in succession.

Thanks

Same problem here & Tec support has not responded to my ticket there . . . Subject: PD9 Application Hang is out of control . . . Phone support was a joke even with a very simple question to test them. ESL was also a big problem there.

Hope we can figure it out here before I uninstall PD and go to back to Primer redoing hours of editing in two projects 1/2 complete . . .

Running: PowerDirector Ultra64 9.0.0.2702

PD9 just seems to be getting worse and worse with each update for my vary capable i5 win7 64 system with an ATI HD 5700 that has all the latest drivers.

Have instaled all patches.

Had some lock ups on an earlier project, but on my latest 2 projects I am curently working on seem to lock up within 5 min or less of doing anything.

I now have to save after each edit step to make any progress if any at all. . .

Most of my clips are MP4 shot with a gopro HD in 720p or 1080P or jpegs. The program hangs while editing when selecting a clip or transition, sweeping the time line bar, and playing back previews.

Are all the Nvidia updates destroying ATI capabilities?
I suspect i-tunes conflict maybe as that messes with my powerDVD playback some times (but only when the iPod is plugged in . . . without a reboot).

or is something else going on?

Thanks

Go to: