Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After splitting a clip, is it possible to view the original clip time/ frame stamp #s?
[Post New]
After splitting a clip, is it possible to view the original time/ frame stamp?

I have made a bunch of notes to original clip time stamps/ frame #s for editing. Once you spit a clip on the time line, is it possible to view the original clip time stamps of your new clip segments?

What I am seeing now is that once you split a clip, the new clip B restarts it’s time/ frame count at 0.00 with viewable reference to the original clip frame #s

This info should be available, otherwise, how would PD know what segments of the original clips should be in the time line.

So, how does one view the Original time/ frame #s ?

Thanks
Steve
[Post New]
o make editing from notes, you can back to front, end to beginning, so don't lose the reference of time

Translated from English
AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
[Post New]
Yes, that is a work around for the first cut.

But I would still like to have reference to the original source to make sure key scenes do not end up on the cutting room floor on following cuts without re previewing though all the frottage. In large projects, with lots of split clips from the same source file, they all start to look the same . . .

IE I have 6 hours of footage from three GoPro cameras that were shooting continuously at the same time that I am pulling together and will need to get down to less than 15min. This will take multiple scrubs though cutting out non essential segments . . .

I could also annotate each clip in the time line by editing clip aliases, but that is will be labor intensive non value added step . . .

It would be best to be able to see the source file info that PD is using to define the clip . . .
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure I fully understand your workflow requirements but you can perhaps use multiple tracks. One track for the "reference" source, which remains untouched but acts as a reference, one track for the editing clip being split and, depending on how you work, a third to assemble the split clips or to dump the unwanted ones.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
Thank you for your suggestion efforts, but I do not see how that will help, as the edited tracks have lost their reference to the original tracks, and you always just view the original clips in the project library.

This Sounds like a feature request as this is standard in other editing programs.