Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD11 Ultimate Rendering Issue
[Post New]
Hey guys,

I got myself a trial copy of PD11 Ultimate, and I am currently experiencing a slow-down for reasons I can't get at. Whenever I have a video positioned on the timeline, and I preview it, every 3 seconds the preview stops and a loading bar pops up beneath the preview window that says "Rendering". It does this until it reaches 100 %, then the video continues playing, and then it stops another 3 seconds later to re-render the video that I am working on. I never had this rendering slow-down with the other versions of PowerDirector that I have used (using since PD.

At the rate of pausing that I am experiencing, it is simply too frustrating and time-consuming to work with the program. Is there a feature that I may have enabled that could be causing this?

*Also to note, I have tried previewing in all modes of quality, from low to full HD;makes no difference.

I know that PD11 is incredibly new, but if any of you could provide any tips for me on this I would really appreciate it.
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Well you could use 'search' to find a reason, or you could tell us the type of video card you use!

We would then tell you if you use a nVidia card and have the latest drivers you will experience the problem you mention.

We would then tell you to go back to the previous official drivers, not beta, and your problem will be fixed.

David Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
[Post New]
Well, after analyzing this render feature some more, it seems that it perhaps is a new feature of PD11. The benefit of it is that once the entire video clip gets rendered, the clip will no longer freeze when you preview it anytime after. This is marked by the green line that is located directly above the video clip on the timeline. As the rendering proceeds, the green line extends to match the length of the video that has been rendered so far.

I am using an Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti, with the latest drivers installed (306.23). I also have a core i5 processor with 8 gigs of RAM.
[Post New]
After reading another thread, it seems that the 300.XXX series of nvidia drivers are causing rendering complications for users. It might not be a bad idea for me to roll back to a 200.XXX level geforce driver.
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Isn't that what I said?
Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
[Post New]
haha, my apologies. Thanks for the help. I'll report back once I use an older driver.
JoeyA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2012 17:20 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Fascinating - especially the "smart-alec" answers from Mr. Morgan, who is clearly the resident expert. But I wonder, how were we supposed to know all this? I tried the trial version of PD11 to solve a problem I'd had with PD9 & 10 (audio/video sync), and wondrously it finally worked! So I ordered the full version, but hadn't used it until today. Sure enough, I got the rendering problem as described. Now, I haven't changed any drivers, but perhaps Windows automatic update system did it for me. In other words, the trial version I used in September worked without any rendering issue, and now in December it suddenly pops up. And this is the users fault for not knowing better than to let the system do automatic updates? So in any event I should regress to an older nvidia driver, right? "As you said". Sorry, but at my age of 80 I lack patience for all these snarky "teen-age" responses.
Joseph Abbott - California
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Fascinating - especially the "smart-alec" answers from Mr. Morgan, who is clearly the resident expert. But I wonder, how were we supposed to know all this? I tried the trial version of PD11 to solve a problem I'd had with PD9 & 10 (audio/video sync), and wondrously it finally worked! So I ordered the full version, but hadn't used it until today. Sure enough, I got the rendering problem as described. Now, I haven't changed any drivers, but perhaps Windows automatic update system did it for me. In other words, the trial version I used in September worked without any rendering issue, and now in December it suddenly pops up. And this is the users fault for not knowing better than to let the system do automatic updates? So in any event I should regress to an older nvidia driver, right? "As you said". Sorry, but at my age of 80 I lack patience for all these snarky "teen-age" responses.
Joseph Abbott - California

Hi Joseph,

Cyberlink has released a patch for Power Director 11 to correct the graphic card driver incompatibility problem that caused the rendering to occur. . Install patch 2321 and that hopefully will correct the problem you are experiencing. Here is a link that will bring you right to the patches.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

If this doesn't work please repost and we can try to assist you further.

Best,

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2012 22:13

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
JoeyA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2012 17:20 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much, Kevin. That did it!
Joe Abbott
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Until everyone catches up with the PD 11 patch, everyone that has Windows set up to update automatically will see this problem that has the same brand of graphic card. The rendering problem will mysteriously appear!

Glad that you are back to smooooth editing again!!!

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2012 20:10

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.