Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD11 Ultra or Ultimate ?
[Post New]
Hey folks, I've been trying out the new PD11 for the past month with the trial version, and I am now trying to decide on whether to go with the Ultra version (only $ 56.99 due to PD10 Ultra to PD11 Ultra upgrade offer) or the Ultimate version, which I believe can only be purchased for $ 129.99. If anyone knows whether there is an alternative way to get PD11 Ultimate for cheaper, such as via a PD10 upgrade (like the offer for the ultra version), I'd appreciate it if I could be notified of such a deal.

The main reason I would prefer to choose the Ultimate version is because it features 22 additional bonus NewBlueFX Effects. With me, the effects are where most of the excitement is at when at the controls of this program. To help me with this choosing process, would anyone know of a webpage or document that specifies what the 22 bonus effects are ?

The Ultra version has a much greater bang-for-your buck value to it for me, but I am curious as to your opinions on the matter so as to ease my decision making here.

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I always say buy the best you can afford without paying for features you do not need. If the NewBlue is the only reason for the upgrade, have you looked into buying the effects separately? I know the Ultimate version offers more than that, but it may not be anything that you need.

If you can upgrade to the Ultra and get the effects cheaper, that may be an option.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2012 16:21

It turns out that if you already have PD10, then you can also upgrade to the Ultimate version (not just the Ultra) for a much reduced price of $ 79.99 vs the $ 129.99 standalone cost of PD11 Ultimate.

I think I will settle for the Ultimate version.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew -

As you've seen, Ultimate is Ultra with some added extras...
* Travel Pack 2 (3 Magic Styles, 3 Menus, 12 Titles)
* Holiday Magic Style Pack (6 Magic Styles)
* Romance Pack vol.3 (6 Menus)
* NewBlue Effect Pack (22 Effects)

The NewBlue effects supplied with the Ultimate version are Paint, Art & Motion packs. You can see what they look like in the first half of this demo - http://youtu.be/TakEt4gW6VY - the second half includes the 3 (purchasable) Video Essential packs from NewBlue.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!