Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remaining options to fix my video that stays stuck producing at 35 % ?
[Post New]
I've spearheaded a few threads over the past few weeks about this general issue in PD10 I've been having to deal with, whereby when the video is producing (tried all formats w/same result) it always freezes at 35 % and does not continue to produce. I made a thread some 3 weeks back pertaining to this same topic, except that the video I posted about then was frozen producing at a different %. It was also a different video which I was able to fix by eliminating a transition effect at the mark on the timeline where the producing process would always come to a halt.

After working extensively with customer support to try at solving this problem, I still have yet to get this video of mine successfully produced. I am trying to think of any other things to try that may fix my problem. After all my attempts with advice taken from both forum members and customer support, I hope that you can understand how frustrating this is.

What's important to note is that this complication I am having only pertains to 1 video that I have in PD10. I recently had a different video successfully produced. Also, when the 35 % mark is reached on the video in question the producing freezes but not the program. I can easily choose to cancel rendering and I am able to use the program as usual. Also, I do not receive any error message at all. The production simply does not progress beyond 35 % with this video. Therefore, I am left with nothing to indicate what the source of the problem could be.

I have tried all the suggestions relayed to me by customer support. This includes providing a dxdiag file, taking a screenshot of the disc menu preferences page, exporting a PPM of the project files to their FTP server, trying all video formats, and keeping hardware decoding off.

I am making this thread in the hopes of gaining any more insight to this problem before uninstalling/reinstalling PD10 which I have had to do several times since it has been out. Lastly, I want to mention that at the 35 % mark on the timeline of my video, there is no transition. It is located at approx. the 1st quarter of the 2 clips I have playing at that part of the timeline.

Finally, let me note that I have had this video successfully produced before. I have been trying to produce it again because I have modified the video with some new clips and effects.

Any advice is appreciated.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Well I cannot suggest anything right now but if you attach your Dxdiag file here on the forum maybe some of the members can narrow down your problem.
without knowing your system specs through the DxDiag file we all would be just guessing. You will find that you will get better help here on the forum than from cyberlink as the members here are GREAT and have first hand knowledge of things more so than support.
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 07. 2012 00:18

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew

Welcome back

Here's the link to the first thread that detailed all the things you could try - I read on this link something to do with freeing up space on your hard drive.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22627.page Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

[Post New]
Just read through that earlier thread...everything discussed in it I have now learnt and have taken those tips into consideration. So this thread is basically a sequel thread bearing the same core issue.

I have more than 100 GB in free space on my C: Drive, where all PD10 files are located.
 Filename
DxDiag64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
322 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
386 time(s)
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
The issue of failed production at either specific or random points is notoriously difficult to troubleshoot. From experience, if your primary focus is just to produce the video then splitting the production into smaller sections may allow the production to be completed as all the smaller sections may be produced OK. Or you even render just those clips in the vicinity of the problem, one by one, and see if these "re-produced" clips work better.

It may be that the same technique, in effect, identifies the section(s) with the issue. As your previous posts indicate often a particular transition can be the culprit, other folk have maybe had issues with a change of audio format. In the past, (might have been a beta version?) I have had a failed production, removed the offending transition (probably a simple fade as I rarely use anything else) only to find the previous transition now gives the problem.

If your primary focus is to identify and cure the issue then it becomes more complicated.

It may be a particular (not random) set of production circumstances comes into effect and causes the issue. For illustration, at the playing end of the production process, often a video produced OK (according to PD) will not play on WMP, plays OK with really bad pixellation at a point in Media Player Home Cinema, doesn't play in Qt and VLC plays it much better.

It may be that one of your primary source material clips (in all other appearances apparently OK) may have just such a glitch causing PD to stall, perhaps only when followed or preceded by a transition or a colour adjustment or whatever.

I had a video with speed adjustment in it (a slo-mo of a flamboyant cuttlefish feeding) that WMP just would not play at the slo-mo point. I re-edited and re-rendered, to all intents producing the same video and it was fine.

For a non-PD more complex but illustrative example of a system specific combination causing major issues this thread is interesting and shows the oddities that can occur.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22711.page

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
Hmm interesting information in your reply. In this particular case it is no doubt more complex to isolate the variable(s) which are active at the 35 % mark on my timeline. I have 2 clips playing simultaneously with opacities that vary as both clips go on until they finish.

I guess a logical first step to isolate my issue would be to either cut the entire project timeline in half, and then try producing to see what results. Another option would be to eliminate 1 of the clips that is playing at the 35 % mark, so that I could determine whether one of them is the culprit.

I have a few ideas in mind, and it might take a little time, but I have confidence that I will be able to resolve this problem through a sufficient amount of produces that each have something altered from the original project in its entirety.

I'll certainly keep this thread updated.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Whenever there is this type of issue, and a degree of "uncertainty" as to the exact point or timing of a problem, bearing in mind that the "message" one gets may not be directly correlated to the issue. So here, the 35% figure may or may not be directly "transferable" to the preview or the exact time, then the classic troubleshooting approach is to split the process (in this case the production process of a video) in half, hopefully this then IDs the half with the problem, split that in half, and hopefully ID the quarter with the problem and so on until the problem is (more or less) specifically identified.

But again, one can spend hours troubleshooting a "technical" issue, if that is the main interest, or pragmatically (at the worst) re-design the video to miss out the offending parts - at least it gets produced. At present on my system, any .mp4 produced (apparently) using SVRT plays on most things but not my media player - it tells me the file is broken. Same file, same profile but without SVRT is fine.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
I just ran 2 test produces which both froze but at slightly later percentages on the timeline. After making a "test copy" of my project file, I modified the project by eliminating the clip that was on the 2nd timeline (beneath the clip playing on the 1st timeline). The clip on the 2nd timeline was about 15 seconds in length, while the clips above it are segmented into chunks but are nonetheless operationally connected.

Anyhow, I took away the 2nd clip, which was playing alongside the 1st clip (both playing at the same time at this part of project) and tried to produce. Interestingly, this time the produce froze at 38 %, which is situated at the beginning of a new clip slightly further down the timeline. When looking at the clip at the 38 % mark, I noticed it had an effect that was varying throughout the clip through keyframes. So, I chose to disable the effect (delay effect) for this clip and retried the producing.

My latest produce froze at 40 %, which is during that same clip at the 38 % mark but coincides with another clip starting to play simultaneously beneath it on the timeline.

This is indeed a pretty complicated undertaking. I will continue with testing tomorrow and will keep this thread alive.
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
I am NOT an expert, so take this with a grain of salt.

I have had production issues when trying to produce a WMV from an MP4 original, as an example. And at other times, for the same reason: trying to produce a format different from the original codec used by the camera. IE, using multiple cameras, each with a different format, and trying to produce a video with clips from each camera included.

I have also had freezes, at the same point in the time line, even when producing in a different format, when a 'transistion effect' has gone bad. ~Tom~