Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 Purchase Download problem
David Laine [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2009 15:26 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
It has been a couple of hours since I orderd PD 8

I got the download links but the one for PD8 goes to a Digital River Download Manager and that still says File not on server or manager is out of date

So if you are thinking of buying watch out guys and girls

Dave
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I wonder if Cyberlink will release a DVD version. When I purchased version 7 I ordered the disk version to avoid these issues. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
AndrewMare
Newbie Location: Bournemouth, UK Joined: Sep 14, 2008 17:43 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Yes I too had the Server not ready error but now I'm getting the following error - "The server returned an error response 403 = Forbidden"

While I am waiting to get some response from my ticket , I am trying to download a copy of the trial version... it's beeen running for an hour and is only at 59%

Cenk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2009 21:07 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have upgraded from Retail version of version 7 to 8 and I get the same messages (both). What will happen now ? I hope it will be solved soon...
[Post New]
Exact same problem here. Getting this error:

'The file was not found on the server'.

Getting no reply from Digital River or Cyberlink.

Rubbish!
AndrewMare
Newbie Location: Bournemouth, UK Joined: Sep 14, 2008 17:43 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Just had a reply from Cyberlink - then have sent me a new file to download .... downloading now .... I'll keep you posted

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 03. 2009 13:50

Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Had the same problem as you Andrew; awaiting response from Support; did they come back to you quite quickly?

MediaShow Espresso downloaded really quickly & easily Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
Heinz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2009 07:58 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Have exactly the same probleme as You Ed here in Switzerland greetings from Switzerland
Heinz
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
OK,
1. Please attempt to sort this out by contacting Digital River.
2. IF I had your full name, email address and order number, I would get the info confirmed and then provide you with a working download link*.

I will only provide a download link to a confirmed (by CyberLink) order number and I require all the data I requested by PM

*Working - 'cos I know it is.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
David Laine [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2009 15:26 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

i have told both Digitsl River and Cyberlink some while ago no reply yet

I just PM'd you my orer number ect

Thanks for any hel p

Dave
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Reply with new download link in half hour approx - pretty good response time

Problem with new link tho;

Will not go past the authentication screen from the new link

I have tried re-entering the passwords etc; constantly waiting for isales.gocyberlink.com Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ed,
The authentication data you have. Can you send them through to me please? I'd like to check them against a list I have. By email please.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Ed71 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Resolved by using 'Free Download Manager' as advised by 'On the Web' in the other thread; it seemed to cope just fine and very quick as well; 10 mins at most to download

Successfully downloaded and happily playing!!

(This was from the link provided by customer support NOT the Digital River download link; not much content i.e. menus so may still need to get the content pack!)

Director Suite 365
24GB Memory
Vihovde [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2007 14:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here. I too had the Server not ready error but now I'm getting the following error - "The server returned an error response 403 = Forbidden"

I'm not impressed about this. Had the same problem with earlier upgrading (used CL PD since ver 5). I'd thougt they had learned by now...

Stein
Norway
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/7517.page

Contact Customer Support.
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Dafydd
Dominique [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2009 11:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Purchased PowerDirector 8. Got a Confirmation Order, with a link to Download_BB_-_Upgrade_to_PowerDirector_8_Ultra_from_6_7_Retail_versions_(Download_version)_now.exe

This Digital River Download Manager does not work. It hangs.

Whatever problem it is, why not simply put links as they use to do? Adding this kind of crap can only benefit others but not the customer who paid for the product.

How am I supposed to get the software I paid for?