Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Some upgrade question
[Post New]
I want to upgrade my PD7 to new PD8 just issued, but on the upgrade page I saw two type of upgrade, one if you have a retail copy of PD7 other one if you have a NON retail copy of PD7
Sorry but how can I saw if my PD7 was retail or not ?
And a second question, the installation of PD8 need to find the old OD7 installed on my PC ? (some software leave many trash during these type of upgrade)

Thanks

Luca A.
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
When I upgraded I went for the retail version as I had originally purchased PD7; I assume the other option is for people who are up-grading from versions that came pre-installed on computers or with other equipment (cameras / dvd burners etc) i.e. they never actually paid for it as it came included with something else

Anyone else confirm if this is correct?

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)