Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote While it is not natively supported in PowerDirector, you can still easily add a mask that makes your final video have a ultra widescreen, or any aspect ratio. In fact, most video editors don't actually have an ultra wide aspect ratio option (at least for editing). I made a video on my youtube channel on how to do this with a PiP object a couple years ago, but you can do it with a normal png or jpeg too.

Just put this image on the lowest video track that you use:

https://openclipart.org/image/2400px/svg_to_png/254536/HD-to-Cinema-transparent.png

Watch this tutorial if you need more information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyBP-YcJfMI

Attached is a bunch of overlays similar to the one used in Kevin's suggestion/tutorial.

N.B. There is quite a bit of variation in how "cinema" aspect ratios are interpreted. e.g. what's referred to as 21:9 is generally not.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Alberto -

You're right. PDR16 is different because keyframe cannot be set in the audio track. It has to be done in the Audio Mixing room.

Only the overall volume of each clip can be set in the timeline.

Spanish translation - Tienes razón. PDR16 es diferente porque no se puede establecer el fotograma clave en la pista de audio. Tiene que hacerse en la sala de mezcla de audio.Sólo el volumen general de cada clip se puede establecer en la línea de tiempo.

Cheers - Tony

Quote: I am a recent PowerDirector user. A couple of months ago I bought version 15. In that version I could score points in the lines of sound to be able to lower or raise my taste the sound in a clip.I see now that can not be done in Power Director 16.

As I can mix 2 sounds, the generated by the camera and a song for example, sometimes making the sound recorded by the camera and at other times hear the song. I hope I have explained.
Hi Chuck -

As Longedge says, FLV is a thing of the past (or words to that effect).

Still, under the right conditions, you should be able to import & edit most flv files. They typically use a Sorenson H.263 codec, sometimes H.264. You may come across some that use a VP6 codec. With those, PDR will not even recognise the audio & it needs to be converted for editing.

In this little packed project, there are samples of each. That VP6 file plays back fine on my PC, but not in PDR14 (no audio). Converted to H.263 it's all good.

Yes - I do have K-LIte codec pack installed.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Ray -

Quite understandably, I think you may have misread the blurbs or got them tangled. The names are a little confusing.

There's Director Suite which includes PDR, ADR, CDR & PhD, then there's...

Ultimate Suite, which includes PDR, ADR, CDR... but not PhD

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/compare-versions_en_GB.html

If that's the mistake you made, I'm sure Customer Service can put it right.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Richard -

How did you insert your King Rat watermark?

Here, in a 360 project, when I insert a watermark (.png with transpaency) in a higher numbered track and set the opacity to (say) 65%, it comes out the same in PDR15 & 16... just as I set it.

I'm no expert on 360 editing, so there might be something you're doing that I haven't though of.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Kevinator86 -

One way to isolate the problem would be to do a double test upload:

1. Produce a video project - say about 10 mins long - to WMV Full HD 1920x1080/30p (10Mbps) & upload manually through your channel.

2. Time the upload

3. Use the same video project to produce through Online > YouTube - Full HD Quality (which is also 10 Mbps)

4. Time the upload (not including render time)

The comparison will point to the issue, I think.

P.S. I just carried out the above test here and found little difference in upload times using manual upload or PDR's YT uploader. They were both about 1 minute per minute of video, but we have a federal government that still thinks copper wire is 21st century!

Cheers - Tony
Sorry Bill - it's got me stonkered.

Thanks for uploading your photos. I put them in the little test project & applied some fix/enhance... closed & reopened the project at least a dozen times... added other photos from different cameras that had 270° rotation embedded in their EXIF data... whatever I did, I was unable to replicate what's happening for you.

So - I don't know what might be causing it at your end.

I assume you're running PDR14 with the latest 4207 patch update, unless you're using the LIVE version.

It's probably too much mucking around but it might be worth opening all your portrait photos in an image/photo editor - strip the EXIF data - save as - then import those into your project. That's clutching at straws, but it does look like your PDR is somehow misreading (sometimes) the rotation data.

EXIF report for the viking ship image attached.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Bill -

Do you think the issue might be related to the use of Magic Motion? I mean, does the rotation glitch occur when you don't use Magic Motion...

Would it be possible to upload that original photo "P1320702" for testing? I've tried with dozens of photos straight off various cameras - with motion & enhancements applied - & I cannot get them to do what your Viking ship is doing.

Cheers - Tony
Back on topic...

Whilst it's probably true that some users aren't interested in 360° video, it probably wouldn't be very smart of software designers to ignore it completely.

I've read comments that express disappontment that there aren't many new features in PDR16, yet how many times have we also heard comments like: "Don't give us more bells & whistles - just a stable platform"?

I guess it's hard to get the balance right, but that's the market. Follow trends? Set trends? or walk a safe path down the middle.

There wouldn't be (I think) very many forum members here who exclusively use PDR for editing & associated processes. We all use the thing that suits our purposes at the time.

Cheers - Tony
Odd problem Bill!

I mean odd that PDR14 first reads the orientation tags correctly - then doesn't (sometimes).

Are the photos straight off your camera? or have they been edited in other software before importing? Portrait photos typically have "Rotate 90 CW" (or similar) embedded in the EXIF data. Sometimes that can be stripped in editing.

I can replicate the issue here with photos straight off cameras.

Cheers - Tony
Hi again Bijoo -

I think we're possibly all in the same place here. As Alain II explained so well, we know how to achieve that layout with resizing, masking the central video & adding an overlay. Screenshot attached of timeline.

Creating a template is quite a different thing, & I'm sure it could be done by someone who could manipulate .xml files.

If you take a look at the .xml file in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector16\Collage\4 Cells\Script-4-2_aep_Dump you'll see that each video has position, size & masking parameters set.

So - editing that would be step 1 (if one was able to do it). Step 2 would be another complexity - making the template flexible so it could be customised, like the other video collage templates.

Right now, I wouldn't be able to help with anything beyond the layout embarassed

Alain II is absolutely right. Various parameters can be modified within the Video Collage module, but there's no option to (for example) insert an extra video place holder.

Cheers - Tony
I checked with a sample MKV file & couldn't replicate the issue.

MediInfo report attached... & timeline screenshot.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Barry & PDR Moderator -

What I find confusing about it is that there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason. There probably is a valid reason - just that I can't see it.

Here, as shown below, most of the NB FX installed with previous versions of PDR still function. Even the Boris FX (installed with PDR16) work in previous versions.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Axwack -

The Screen Recorder that is provided with PDR15 maxes out at 30 fps. but the most recent one (with PDR16) can record up to 60fps.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Bijoo -

Have you had a look at the Video Collage tutorial?

Are you asking how you can customise the templates? There seems to be quite a bit of flexibility within each template.

Cheers - Tony
Hi pinmanic -

If you right click n your video clip at the point you want to take a snapshot, you should have the Freeze Frame option. It's probably called something like "Standbildeffektes".

Right click > Edit Video/Image > Freeze Frame (Standbild?) There's a screenshot attached that may help.

If you use that you'll get a full resolution snapshot - even if it's a mix of two timelines.

Cheers - Tony
Quote: ... how do you start a new topic?

Just click on Powerdirector 15 near the top of this page. Then select "New Topic".

Quote: Cyberlink PD15 is not clear where is Product information?

In the Help file or the downloadable PDF User Guide

Quote: Keyframes shows a whole trail of motions as attached, which cannot be erased and now distort motion between positions set in keyframes.

It's not clear from your screenshot what part of PDR you're in. Is it PiP Designer? How did all those motion paths get there?

Quote: There is no Magic Motion on any of options only in Dropdown menu “Edit”=> “Magic Tools”=> Magic Motion Alt+2 is greyed out, all other “Magic Tools” not greyed out.

Magic Motion is only available when you select an image/photo. It doesn't apply to video clips.

Quote: I’d like to tell what version is installed, but cannot locate that sort of information.

Just click on PowerDirector at the top right of the workspace & you'll get the About screen.

I think this forum is quite friendly! laughing

Cheers - Tony
I recall, when I was once re-installing Vitascene that there was a dialogue box indicating it was being installed as a plug-in for PowerDirector 14 (or whatever version it was), so it may be version-specific.

A similar thing occurs with some of the NewBlue effects.

Cheers - Tony
I'd have to agree with you LDW, even though one might argue that not many users would need/want to draw lines on their videos.

The workaround shown in the tutorial Carl linked works very well, but it does involve quite a few steps.

I just tried to put it into a golf context... and - well - the result's about as good as my putting! The timeline looks like this:

So - it's a fair bit of mucking around when all you get is something like:

Cheers - Tony
Hi Frank -

What tools are available is totally dependant on the project aspect ratio you've set.

If your PAR is 360°, you'll have 360 Start View Setting, but not View Designer.

If your PAR is 16:9, you'll have View Designer, but not 360 Start View Setting.

Cheers (if it's OK to say that) - Tony
Hi again -

Here's a little packed project you can download & explore.

It shows the way the videos & titles in the opening sequence have been masked. Hopefully, it will help you with what you're trying to do.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: