Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove Magic Motion from photo
nemesis1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2017 09:45 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
How do i remove the Magic Motion Image effect after its been applied to a photo, do i just have to re-insert the original picture into the timeline.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi nemesis1 -

Just select the photo, go back to Magic Motion & click Reset. Done.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - MM reset.png]
 Filename
MM reset.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
66 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 28. 2017 05:57

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote How do i remove the Magic Motion Image effect after its been applied to a photo, do i just have to re-insert the original picture into the timeline.

This site is really not user friendly, how do you start a new topic?

Cyberlink PD15 is not clear where is Product information?

Power Director full suite bought, all modules installed Sept 2017.

Keyframes shows a whole trail of motions as attached, which cannot be erased and now distort motion between positions set in keyframes.

There is no Magic Motion on any of options only in Dropdown menu “Edit”=> “Magic Tools”=> Magic Motion Alt+2 is greyed out, all other “Magic Tools” not greyed out.

I’d like to tell what version is installed, but cannot locate that sort of information.

Am under time pressure, this is a really unwelcome obstacle to making progress.
[Thumb - 170921 Motion track, cannot get rid of.JPG]
 Filename
170921 Motion track, cannot get rid of.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
30 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2017 02:24

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ... how do you start a new topic?

Just click on Powerdirector 15 near the top of this page. Then select "New Topic".

Quote: Cyberlink PD15 is not clear where is Product information?

In the Help file or the downloadable PDF User Guide

Quote: Keyframes shows a whole trail of motions as attached, which cannot be erased and now distort motion between positions set in keyframes.

It's not clear from your screenshot what part of PDR you're in. Is it PiP Designer? How did all those motion paths get there?

Quote: There is no Magic Motion on any of options only in Dropdown menu “Edit”=> “Magic Tools”=> Magic Motion Alt+2 is greyed out, all other “Magic Tools” not greyed out.

Magic Motion is only available when you select an image/photo. It doesn't apply to video clips.

Quote: I’d like to tell what version is installed, but cannot locate that sort of information.

Just click on PowerDirector at the top right of the workspace & you'll get the About screen.

I think this forum is quite friendly! laughing

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
Tony, Thanks for the prompt reply, I probably sent the message too soon, as I soon realised after watching a You tube that the Magic Motion seemed to only apply to photos, I thought it was to blame for all the motion lines. Also found the version number PD Version 15.0.2509.0 SR number VDE161221 (as attached) by clicking a movie icon at the top right, nice and neat but annoying to look for. More details on motion track in answer to reply question below.

The motion lines tracked previous movement.

Quote: ... how do you start a new topic?

Just click on Powerdirector 15 near the top of this page. Then select "New Topic".

There is no icon of this nature on my screen in PD15 (as attached) nor in the forum site, am I meant to log into Director Zone?

Quote: Cyberlink PD15 is not clear where is Product information?

Found, as above

In the Help file or the downloadable PDF User Guide
Already have the pdf, page 195 kind of have the hint that Magic Motion was only for "Selected Image"

Quote: Keyframes shows a whole trail of motions as attached, which cannot be erased and now distort motion between positions set in keyframes.

It's not clear from your screenshot what part of PDR you're in. Is it PiP Designer? How did all those motion paths get there?

The motion path was in key frames. It got there by shifting the objects around. The problem was that the video frame seemed to be moving around the screen with no Keyframe changes (ie set before and after keyframe to same settings) and motion clip was drifting on an unknown path replicating previous paths. This only happened at certain sections of video, but now have not been able to reproduce the error. So bear with me as I am still expirimenting to make sure there was not some thing wrong with my settings on keyframes. Either way those motion tracking lines are some thing that do not seemed to be optionally erased. But don't seem to be doing any harm.

Quote: There is no Magic Motion on any of options only in Dropdown menu “Edit”=> “Magic Tools”=> Magic Motion Alt+2 is greyed out, all other “Magic Tools” not greyed out.

Magic Motion is only available when you select an image/photo. It doesn't apply to video clips.

Quote: I’d like to tell what version is installed, but cannot locate that sort of information.

Just click on PowerDirector at the top right of the workspace & you'll get the About screen.

I think this forum is quite friendly! laughing

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - 170922 Top of Screen in PD15.JPG]
 Filename
170922 Top of Screen in PD15.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
28 time(s)