Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't draw a straight line in Paint Designer
LDW [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2017 19:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
As someone who makes videos of golf instruction this is a serious shortcoming and seems like a no brainer. I mean, you can't draw a straight line?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote As someone who makes videos of golf instruction this is a serious shortcoming and seems like a no brainer. I mean, you can't draw a straight line?
As far as I know the drawing of a straight line has never been fixed.

However, a tutorial was made a long time ago on how to mask the line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akUsQvOpbso

. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I'd have to agree with you LDW, even though one might argue that not many users would need/want to draw lines on their videos.

The workaround shown in the tutorial Carl linked works very well, but it does involve quite a few steps.

I just tried to put it into a golf context... and - well - the result's about as good as my putting! The timeline looks like this:

So - it's a fair bit of mucking around when all you get is something like:

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
LDW [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2017 19:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks guys for taking the time to offer some ideas. I will try this out to see if it will suffice. Have a great day!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks guys for taking the time to offer some ideas. I will try this out to see if it will suffice. Have a great day!
There is one thing I did not mention, if you have a Drawing pad/tablet, you can draw some nice straight lines if you use drawing assist tools. (a ruler).

A drawing pad does much better than a mouse for drawing lines.

If you really want to go off the deep end of tools, a CAD program with jpeg or png export is great for making graphic images.

The free image editor Paint.net does great line drawing, It does have commands for drawing straight lines, curves and rectangles (shapes). Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.