Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New Blue FX de-activated-again
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
EVERY time I get the next PowerDirector, I have to fight with New Blue issues. I now have 3 FX packs no longer working, and actually a few totally gone from the UI.

I blame Cyberlink, sorry, I love you guys and gals, but I just can't go through this again and again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2017 13:23

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Barry,

Can you be more specific in terms of the issues you are experiencing?

From my understanding, each version of PowerDirector comes with a different New Blue Effects pack that should be installed with it. It is part of the bundle deal that old packs cannot be transferred.

Are you referring to extra packs you purchased or something? Let us know and we will pass it on.

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I tried moving my xml files from a previous install but it didnt work as it has in the past. My paid FX are fine, I might have to uninstall all my PDs and New Blue FX and start from zero. Sigh.

Looking around I saw some very good coupons, taking 20% and more off the NB packs found on the Cyberlink site.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2017 22:58

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry & PDR Moderator -

What I find confusing about it is that there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason. There probably is a valid reason - just that I can't see it.

Here, as shown below, most of the NB FX installed with previous versions of PDR still function. Even the Boris FX (installed with PDR16) work in previous versions.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi Barry & PDR Moderator -

What I find confusing about it is that there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason. There probably is a valid reason - just that I can't see it.

Here, as shown below, most of the NB FX installed with previous versions of PDR still function. Even the Boris FX (installed with PDR16) work in previous versions.

Cheers - Tony

NB FX V has a water mark for me... what can I do to correct the problem, or is there a way to correct the issue?

NB FX V is working fine on PD 13 but not on 16? any suggestions?

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2017 16:00

Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Also interested in the answer to this

Never had a problem previously; always been able to use NB FX from previous versions in the current version (or possibly never noticed!) but now have lost one of the packs which I did use bits from (both V & VI now watermarked)

Would have thought that if they came as part of a purchased version they should be yours to keep installed for new versions of PD as they come along? Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
[Post New]
Quote Also interested in the answer to this

Never had a problem previously; always been able to use NB FX from previous versions in the current version (or possibly never noticed!) but now have lost one of the packs which I did use bits from (both V & VI now watermarked)

Would have thought that if they came as part of a purchased version they should be yours to keep installed for new versions of PD as they come along?

Has this been solved yet? I used NBFX support ..they sent me a link to reinstall but it did not fix the problem. Anyone had any luck finding a way to fix the watermark issue?
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
The best way, it seems, to keep all those wonderful packs, is to actually buy them.

There are two places to purchase New Blue packages:

Look for coupons and sales. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The best way, it seems, to keep all those wonderful packs, is to actually buy them.

Look for coupons and sales.

Hello Barry,

You are right! I would recommend contacting New Blue, their support is pro-active. They help quite well and respond quickly to questions.

Also, it's to advise to study well what is in the packs because many effects are useless and outdated to actual "standards" and out of 10 effects sometimes 3 or 4 one will nearly never use. Unless one is an effects freak and use whatever....

Success!

Alain II
BeetleSick74 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Finland Joined: Dec 30, 2014 13:43 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Any progress with this? I assume that if I buy upgrade it does not break anthing I have paid before.

NB support did not help this time. Later from PD13 to PD14 they gave new V, but not anymore.

Quote The best way, it seems, to keep all those wonderful packs, is to actually buy them.

Look for coupons and sales.

Hello Barry,

You are right! I would recommend contacting New Blue, their support is pro-active. They help quite well and respond quickly to questions.

Also, it's to advise to study well what is in the packs because many effects are useless and outdated to actual "standards" and out of 10 effects sometimes 3 or 4 one will nearly never use. Unless one is an effects freak and use whatever....

Success!

Alain II
Misc vids, http://www.youtube.com/zuiker1974