Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I don't think it's seen as an issue by the majority of users. The software is working 'as designed'.

The software is full of bugs, this is one fundamental bug that causes issues once you have projects with more than 10 clips that needs to be organised.
Quote: Chapters are not the only way. There is also Timeline Markers. Read the Help. The easy way if you want to note a place on the timeline is to write on a notepad the time in the Preview player. In Movie Mode, You can jump to any time by typing in the time in the preview player then press Enter.

Clips are moved back and fourth, edited in lenght and so forth. The timeline is static. Timeline markers are stuck to the timeline, just as chapters, so no help from those.

Cyberlink, please just fix this issue so that we can structure our projects without having to redo it everytime a clip is edited, deleted etc.
Using chapters in the only way of easily navigating in a project with hundreds o clips. Chapters are supposed to be chapters in a movie, so they need to follow whatever is under each chaper (the clips), not the location on the timeline, otherwise they are useless.
I produced a .mkv file with H.264 that works now.
Smaller files seems to work, but the large file (6 hrs of video) i produced does not. I'll try the H.264 codec instead. If that does not work I'll also try the solution suggested by you AnalyticalGuy.

Regarding MP4, I tried to produce a shorter clip with all the available file types of H.264, and MP4 does not look the same as MKV or M2TS even at the same quality settings. Colors are different.

This little excercise was really helpful in terms of deciding what codec and quality setting to use on the larger file since the rendering of that file takes almost two days. I strongly recommend everyone to do the same before choosing what codecs and quality settings to use on your project.
I have installed Catalyst 14.12, as suggested in the post you linked to. Harware encoding is now enabled, but SVRT is not.
I have produced a large .mkv file with h.265 encoding. The finished file works very badly with all video players I can find (VLC, QuickTime etc.). I cannot fast forward or backward in the file and QuickTime and Windows Media Player won't even play it. I have tried to install additional codec packs but it does not work.

How can I produce a file that works?
Why is that?? The drivers are the same. The "AMD Media Codec Package" is not included in drivers for other graphics cards either.
Seriously? Do all owners of AMD graphics cards have to revert to outdated driver to enable hardware encoding?
Hi,

When I am to produce my project, the "Fast Video Rendering Technology" along with the "SVRT" and the "Hardware Video Encoder" buttons are greyed out. Trying to produce my project without those options takes forever.

I have two AMD Radeon 6950HD with Catalyst 15.7.1 for Windows 7 64-bit. I've read in the PowerDirector support that I need to have the "AMD Media Codec Package" (a.k.a Avivo) installed, but AMD does not seem to develop that software package anymore. This makes me confused, since I thought TrueVelocity 5 was a fairly new invention that is supposed to work on modern systems?

Please enlighten me!
Alright. I'll give it a try. Thanks!
I agree, that would be very useful. Right now, editing transitions is a hassle.
+1 on this. This is still an issue. I've added video transitions to hundreds of clips, and now, I can't do the same with the audio transitions, and I can't redo the process either since I have to remove all transitions by hand! This seems like very basic functionality that is missing.
How can I extend the duration of a title without having the title "effects" repeating? I want the effect to go from start to end, and then continue to show the completed version of the title for as long as the underlying clip continues.
Hi,

I have managed to add video transitions between all clips in a project. However, when I try to do the same with the audio transitions, it does not work. Nothing happens. When I add them manually to each clip, it works. But, I have hundreds of clips, so adding them manually is not an option.
Yes, they are in a folder on my local hard drive. I am saving the way you suggested.

It's strange, some .avi files seem to stick, others don't.
I have not done any of the mentioned. Same thing happens every time I add, save, quit and restart. All clips are located in the same folder, but only .avi files disappear.
When i insert new clips and move the old ones to the side, the chapters do not follow! This is extremely irritating when you have lots of chapters to find your way around your project. Please fix!

Regards

Isak
When I add a .avi file to my project, save, quit and run PowerDirector again, all .avi files that I previously added are "gone". The clips are still there, but they are blank and have no info attached to them.

Solution?

Regards

Isak
Hi,

Is there a simple way to burn multiple DVDs/discs out of a large project (6 hrs of full HD video divided in 219 video files/clips)? I.e. a way to split them up without having to delete files and create several separate projects and discs from these.

Thanks in advance.

//Isak
Go to: