Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove all transitions
digital [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2012 15:28 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I need to remove all of the transitions I have inserted in a project. Is there an easier way than clicking on each one in turn and deleting them one at a time?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I need to remove all of the transitions I have inserted in a project. Is there an easier way than clicking on each one in turn and deleting them one at a time?

If you just added the transitions, you can click the undo button on top of the user interface.

You can hold control and click on each transition then delete all that are selected with one Key press.

Otherwise no other way of deleting a bunch of transitions.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

digital [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's disappointing.

As there is a menu option to add transitions to all videos I had hoped that there might have been a menu option that I hadn't found to remove all. Or at least click on the first, SHIFT-click on the last, and then delete.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: That's disappointing.

As there is a menu option to add transitions to all videos I had hoped that there might have been a menu option that I hadn't found to remove all. Or at least click on the first, SHIFT-click on the last, and then delete.

No such luck!

If you SHIFT-click you select all the videos also, not just the transitions.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

digital [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: That's disappointing.

No such luck!

As I discovered earlier and rapidly undid! It would seem to be a fairly basic omission.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: As there is a menu option to add transitions to all videos I had hoped that there might have been a menu option that I hadn't found to remove all. Or at least click on the first, SHIFT-click on the last, and then delete.

No such luck!

Ah yes. But if you <ctrl-click> on the transition, then REMOVE. Well, try it. ^_^

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Sep 22. 2013 00:37

digital [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: As there is a menu option to add transitions to all videos I had hoped that there might have been a menu option that I hadn't found to remove all. Or at least click on the first, SHIFT-click on the last, and then delete.

No such luck!

Ah yes. But if you <ctrl-click> on the transition, then REMOVE. Well, try it. ^_^

That doesn't seem to work.

If I CTRL-click a transition and then REMOVE, it removes that transition.

If I CTRL-click the first and last transition and then REMOVE, then just those two are removed.

If I SHIFT-click the first and last, then REMOVE, then all of the clips are removed.

The only way I can find to remove all transitions is to CTRL-click all of them and then REMOVE. Not good with a lot of transitions already in place...
Isak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2015 11:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
+1 on this. This is still an issue. I've added video transitions to hundreds of clips, and now, I can't do the same with the audio transitions, and I can't redo the process either since I have to remove all transitions by hand! This seems like very basic functionality that is missing.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Not much that Cyberlink can do about the way that selection works in Windows, that's just an operating system call but it might be worth putting forward a suggestion for them to create a "Select All" function i.e. select all items based on their type e.g. transitions. Not just to delete but e.g. to change the properties globally (obviously you can do this before you start but afaik not once they're on the timeline).
Isak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2015 11:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I agree, that would be very useful. Right now, editing transitions is a hassle.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, All!

Cyberlink has clearly blundered with their transitions! The insertion of a transition should automatically be accompanied by the audio component, but in PD14 you only get that if you have the "overlap" behaviour. If, in "preferences" you choose "cross"(in order to preserve the running time of your video), then the audio component of the transition is NOT automatically inserted. This is NOT innovation, it is, instead, a DESIGN FAULT!

In regards to deleting transitions in one click, if you've inserted, say, 100 transitions, then you could remove them, 20 at a time,

<ctrl-click> on 20 of them, hit delete, then <ctrl-click> on the next 20, hit delete and repeat the process until you've removed them all.

Cheers!

Neil.