Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot enable TrueVelocity 5
Isak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2015 11:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

When I am to produce my project, the "Fast Video Rendering Technology" along with the "SVRT" and the "Hardware Video Encoder" buttons are greyed out. Trying to produce my project without those options takes forever.

I have two AMD Radeon 6950HD with Catalyst 15.7.1 for Windows 7 64-bit. I've read in the PowerDirector support that I need to have the "AMD Media Codec Package" (a.k.a Avivo) installed, but AMD does not seem to develop that software package anymore. This makes me confused, since I thought TrueVelocity 5 was a fairly new invention that is supposed to work on modern systems?

Please enlighten me!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The only way to get hardware encoding on your video card is to use an earlier driver. See this link for more details: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/46414.page#240654 .

Let us know if this help.
Isak [Avatar]
[Post New]
Seriously? Do all owners of AMD graphics cards have to revert to outdated driver to enable hardware encoding?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
No. The latest high end AMD cards are said to work.
Isak [Avatar]
[Post New]
Why is that?? The drivers are the same. The "AMD Media Codec Package" is not included in drivers for other graphics cards either.
Isak [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have installed Catalyst 14.12, as suggested in the post you linked to. Harware encoding is now enabled, but SVRT is not.
[Post New]
SVRT is enabled based on the media type, in and out need to be identical.

Also, your video card is old (2010), is not CL's fault that AMD decide to move it to "legacy" products. It doesn't have the hardware video encoder that it needs to be "automatically" supported in the latest drivers.

Nvidia cards are in the same situation - older "Fermi generation" cards (2010) are supported only with older drivers because they don't have the hardware video encoder.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 20. 2016 18:32

All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
1. SVRT is triggered when the input matches the output format, as SoNic67 stated.

2. Your AMD card will work fine with the last update for it for most videos with .264 formats. .265 format may not be possible. It is now a legacy product. The wonders of high tech going low tech. Win 10, i7