Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to stop titles from repeating?
Isak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2015 11:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
How can I extend the duration of a title without having the title "effects" repeating? I want the effect to go from start to end, and then continue to show the completed version of the title for as long as the underlying clip continues.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Isak -

Some of the title templates contain animation files. They're the ones that you mean, I guess. There are ways around it that require a bit of back room work & usually take a fair bit of time.

The animation repeats because it's a set of (say) 150 individual frames and it has no choice but to start again when it's finished.

This has been raised many times in the forum. Here's one such time - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28654.page

The simplest thing to do (depending on the particular template you're using) is:

1. insert the title template at a duration where it doesn't repeat (e.g. 7 seconds)

2. format text with no ending effect

3. copy & paste the template end to end in the timeline - so now it's 14 seconds

4. delete the animation from the second title & remove the text starting effect

Step 5 could be to insert a screen shot of the last frame of the animation behind the second title.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Isak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2015 11:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Alright. I'll give it a try. Thanks!