Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to add audio transitions to all clips
Isak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2015 11:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have managed to add video transitions between all clips in a project. However, when I try to do the same with the audio transitions, it does not work. Nothing happens. When I add them manually to each clip, it works. But, I have hundreds of clips, so adding them manually is not an option.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

I have managed to add video transitions between all clips in a project. However, when I try to do the same with the audio transitions, it does not work. Nothing happens. When I add them manually to each clip, it works. But, I have hundreds of clips, so adding them manually is not an option.

Hi, Isak!

I noticed this some time ago when I tried to set transition behaviour in "Preferences". I was looking for a way to get my transitions to automatically go to crossfade, rather than overlap, and all be at 5 seconds duration. I got that, but when I tried it, I saw the audio component didn't automatically get inserted along with the video component. what I gained on the swings, I lost on the roundabout, so-to-speak. So it was back to "Preferences" and set the transition behaviour back to "overlap", that returned the auto insertion of the audiuo component of the transition, but it was still a backward step for me, as now I have to click on Modify and manually select "cross" for the transition behaviour so the video and audio are both of the same length and go from overlap to cross together. I see this new method with transitions, not as an innovation, but as a DESIGN FAULT! Cyberlink, you've really stuffed up there!

Cheers!

Neil.