Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Gerry,
It is obvious from your posts you have a thorough understanding of your problem have tried most options and I have only a couple of user experiences to add for your interest. I edit 1080p60 (TM700) and render at 32Mbps. I have no rendering problems and my files play beautifully on my Dune over (wired) network.

1. I use GPU rendering but have nVidia card and use an older driver which gives excellent results (better than my CPU). Several newer drivers caused artifact problems. My testing (and extensive discussions with Nathan) are buried somewhere in the forum.

2. I have a much lower spec PC but use 64bit and 6GB RAM.

3. Although I have edited projects of 90mins, I strongly agree that the more complex the project, the shorter the individual segments should be. I don't have rendering problems but PD does crash more often with the long projects.

Regards.

PS. I will be in NZ in two days but the GoPro is coming this time!
Dafydd, your patience is worthy of comment!
Quote: This is something I also do not understand why produce and try and burn in 60p when any burned DVD that you play on your TV will only work when burned at or formatted at I believe 29 p.
Please correct me if I am wrong as I believe this is correct.

Well, I will correct you.

Recently AVCHD 2.0 has been released which allows for 1080p60 playback. Although the spec is designed primarily for solid state media, recent release Bluray players playback AVCHD 2.0 from DVD media.

Quote:
So what is the point of 60p ??

I have been rendering to 1080p60 ever since I got my first 1080p60 camcorder but have never burnt a bluray so it is very necessary to have the ability to render within the programme.

OMG!! I just looked at your account on Shutterstock. Can you really sell 45secs of footage for $79!
Do you have MediaInfo installed on your PC?
Quote:
I feel like a beta tester

Well there weren't any beta testers (apparently) for PD10 so you have pretty well summed up things

Quote: .... who appears to be a senior contributor, .....

Senior contributor status is based on post count not on content. All the contributors are volunteer enthusiasts who have managed to work around many of the inadequacies of PD over the years. Sometimes the advice is good, sometimes the advice is so far off the mark it is laughable but they are all trying to help out fellow editors get the best from their systems.
Quote: I am wondering why would Blu-Ray need that much free space at C:\ ?

Bluray go up to 50GB for dual layer (higher for triple & quadruple). Assume you have 50 GB of video on your time line then PD needs to make 50 GB of temporary files in BD structure before burning to disc.
I would recommend having multiple copies on different media.
I have a copy on
1. PC HDD
2. local NAS (HDD),
3. off site Back-up disc (HDD) and
4. optical discs distributed to various long suffering relatives.

If any one fails/is stolen/is lost then there is a back up somewhere.

You will likely need to change encoding format when major advances are made eg AVC is dominant now when DV AVI was a few years ago. I have converted my old DV AVI files to frame rate compatible mpeg4/AVC. (kept the original format as well as storage is cheap)
Thanks Nathan,

I will download and have a play when I get home later tonight.

Cheers
Quote:
....Looks like some more testing...

...and I was just about to click "buy" on the PD10 link

Any chance of uploading a short test clip with a few potential glitches and I can run them through my Dune?

Sound like one great trip btw!
Quote:
Just a nuance though: should I wish to keep the original audio, how would you recommend me to behave? Just asking.

Thanks

I would use tsMuxeR to demux the streams. Keep the original audio and re-encode the video stream to 720p24 using PD. Then mux the resultant PD output with the original audio using tsMuxeR and choose Bluray. This will encode a Bluray compliant folder structure you can then burn to disc using IMGBurn. No menus of course. tsMuxeR won't recognize the ac3 stream from PD anyway as pd stuffs up the header info for the file. You mention the original videos are over 3 discs but tsMuxeR can join as well. This assumes, of course, you do not edit the video length in PD or there will be sync problems.

Regards
Quote:

That's the whole story.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance

Firstly, I am surprised your customer's Blu-ray players cannot play resolution above 720p24. They don't then meet the standards ......but that is irrelevant atm.

All the long time users of PD know that it is a great video Editor but a flakey authoring programme and a particularly unreliable burning programme.

I believe your best solution would be to edit on PD and produce a file to your specifications, create the disc structure with MultiAVCHD then burn with ImgBurn.

Best of luck
Quote:
Weird it is that given the fact that I I set up 720p as resolution the Bitrate is exactly the same as for 1080p !

Not really when you consider 1080p is 24fps and 720p is over double at 60fps.
Quote: Hi,

4. Related to #3, is there a noticeable difference in quality between 28 Mbps and 24 Mbps?

5. Am I correct in understanding that videos recorded in 1920x1080/60p will not be able to be burned to Blu-ray discs? If so, is there any reason to record in 60p if my main objective is to view the videos on TV via burned Blu-ray discs?

6. Is there a noticeable difference in the quality of videos recorded in 1080p vs 1080i?

7. My current TV is not compliant with x.v.Color, but I may be upgrading soon to one that is. If I record videos with x.v.Color, how will they appear on my current TV that is not compliant?

4. In theory, 24Mbps for interlaced video has more bits per pixel but in practice, the benefits of encoding progressive outweigh the theoretical advantages.

5. You can author a menu-less AVCHD disc using multi-AVCHD (freeware) which will play 1080p60@28Mbps on some Bluray players as well as PS3.

6. I believe so, especially for amateur videographers and editors.

7. It will extend the colour and grey scale gamut beyond your TV's ability and some colours may be a little off. You probably won't see a difference. I tested it a few times turning on it off and it did not end up really affecting the content. I suspect a few would complain that colours aren't quite right.
Quote: pjc3;
From your description, it isn't only YouTube that butchers it...anyway.

UTube playback is the only method which introduces the jumping I see when I view Jack's uploaded clip. The problem is visually different from the other local playback methods.
Hi Jack,

Not sure whether this is going to help:

Downloaded your clip. I assume it is from the TM90 as Mediainfo is same as my TM700.

Dropped into timeline twice and rendered to-
h264
a) 1080p60@30Mbps
b) 1080i60 (default)

mpeg4
c) 1080p30

WMV
d) WM9 highest Quality (30fps)

Uploaded to UTube

Results:

On PC:
Windows Mediaplayer plays all smoothly but I get de-interlacing jitter with the h264 (even the progressive file!?!?)
Splashlite plays all fine.

On Mac:
All goddam awful using VLC (that is why I have a PC!)

Using WDTVLive:

Original files can't be played back properly (processor/cache not up to task)
a) plays back fine for about 6 seconds then faulters (same problem as above).
all the others play back fine but a degree of jitter but acceptable.

Using Dune Prime 3.0:

ALL files are beautiful with no stuttering or jitter or judder. (I love my Dune!!!)

Now Utube uploads:

On PC, Mac and WDTV all the files play back jumping just as you see with your upload!!!!!!

BUT using my inbuilt vieracast UTube on the Panasonic GT30 the uploads are smooth BUT the resolution looks to be playing the non-HD version.

I have spent several hours on this and am no closer to sorting your problem. I must say I am glad I am not a UTube user. The hours I spend editing my videos only for UTube to butcher them would be very disappointing.
Hi JackL,
I've been reading your thread for a bit and thought I had better jump in. I am a PD9 user.

I have SD600 & TM700 which produce same files as your TM90. Powerdirector is fine for editing these files and one of the few NLEs which can output full 1080p60 @ > 30Mbps. Sony has a good editing product which I own, but fall back to PD most of the time.

I agree with Dafydd that your problem probably comes from frame rate conversion, although I am at a loss why the UTube upload also has the problem.

One suggestion I will make (and I am pretty sure you won't like it ) is to ditch the Apple TV and get a WDTV instead (I am a MAC user as well!). This way you can render to 1080p60 at 28Mbps and enjoy the full benefits of the two cameras you have.

ps forgot to mention: try rendering 1080p to HDD first then uploading to UTube from your own account (NOT within PD) and see if that makes a difference.
Quote: I don't think many users understand what it is that you are attempting to do.

But those who do are thankful
Thanks for the testing.
PS can you post a Mediainfo on the SVRT output please.
Go to: