Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing AVCHD 1080/60p videos
JackL [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 11, 2011 20:19 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi pjc3.

I'm not a Mac user but I use iTunes, so AppleTV is perfect for me. I also don't want to need to keep the PC on for streaming, hence WDTV won't work for me.

I tried to output first to the HD before uploading to YouTube, but no luck. I have created a MPEG-4, 1080p with 30fps (following the profile recommendations from YouTube: http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=1728573&guide=1728585&page=guide.cs ) and then uploaded to YouTube manually. There is still, however, the jerkiness and skipping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmKuyL9hx9E

How do you create videos for YouTube from your 1080p60 material? If you don't output to YouTube, what format do you produce your videos in?

And can you create a skipping-free video from the file I have uploaded?

Regards,
Jack

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2011 19:19

pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jack,

Not sure whether this is going to help:

Downloaded your clip. I assume it is from the TM90 as Mediainfo is same as my TM700.

Dropped into timeline twice and rendered to-
h264
a) 1080p60@30Mbps
b) 1080i60 (default)

mpeg4
c) 1080p30

WMV
d) WM9 highest Quality (30fps)

Uploaded to UTube

Results:

On PC:
Windows Mediaplayer plays all smoothly but I get de-interlacing jitter with the h264 (even the progressive file!?!?)
Splashlite plays all fine.

On Mac:
All goddam awful using VLC (that is why I have a PC!)

Using WDTVLive:

Original files can't be played back properly (processor/cache not up to task)
a) plays back fine for about 6 seconds then faulters (same problem as above).
all the others play back fine but a degree of jitter but acceptable.

Using Dune Prime 3.0:

ALL files are beautiful with no stuttering or jitter or judder. (I love my Dune!!!)

Now Utube uploads:

On PC, Mac and WDTV all the files play back jumping just as you see with your upload!!!!!!

BUT using my inbuilt vieracast UTube on the Panasonic GT30 the uploads are smooth BUT the resolution looks to be playing the non-HD version.

I have spent several hours on this and am no closer to sorting your problem. I must say I am glad I am not a UTube user. The hours I spend editing my videos only for UTube to butcher them would be very disappointing. Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
[Post New]
pjc3;
From your description, it isn't only YouTube that butchers it...anyway.

JackL;
Try shooting the image at 17Mbps (known as FXP on my Canon HF11) and see if that works.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2011 19:30

pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: pjc3;
From your description, it isn't only YouTube that butchers it...anyway.

UTube playback is the only method which introduces the jumping I see when I view Jack's uploaded clip. The problem is visually different from the other local playback methods. Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
JackL [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 11, 2011 20:19 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi pjc3.

First of all, thank you very much for trying all these options and providing your feedback. I appreciate it very much. And yes, my uploaded video is from the Panasonic HDC-TM90.

As far as I understood your feedback, the only stutter- and jitter-free playback you get is when playing the rendered video on your Dune Prime 3.0. All the other rendered versions cause some type of stutter or jitter problems on the other devices including YouTube. Unfortunately, I create the videos to share with others on YouTube or play at home on the AppleTV, so I need to find a solutions for these two play options.

For YouTube, I will try all the different video formats in PD since YouTube seems to be relatively flexible what format the videos are uploaded in. Maybe somebody else on this forum was successful with YouTube versions already, so I don't have to go through this ordeal.

For AppleTV, my best option so far is to create a MP4 video with 1080p, 30fps in PD and then run it through HandBrake with the standard preset for AppleTV. This creates a smooth video for the AppleTV, but the resolution is only 960x544. I will play with other settings in PD and HandBrake to take advantage of my camcorder 1080p60 resolution.

Another option is to return the Panasonic HDC-TM90 (I only got it a week ago) and get a different camera or camcorder with 1080p video that would render without any problems. But I wouldn't know which one to get that doesn't have these problems. Aside from the Panasonic camcorder I already tried the Sony camera DSC-HX9V, which also records in 1080p60 leading to the same problems. And I also tried the Canon camera SX230, which records in 1080p24 QuickTime format. The Canon video provided the best results on the AppleTV without using HandBrake, probably because of the native 24fps, but was worse on YouTube.

Hi FredB.

I already tried shooting at 17Mbps, which on the Panasonic TM90 is the 1080/60i format. Unfortunately, this still led to jerky video on YouTube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MNg-XkjkfQ ) and to even worse AppleTV version. And the picture quality was worse. I got the Panasonic camcorder to make 1080p videos, so I hope to find a rendering solution where I don't degrade the quality.

Regards,
Jack
ssarbot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2008 03:13 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
So, it has been like 8 months since last post, where is the "fix" in PD for this problem of HD 60fps video still looking jerky on YouTube ?

Or, is PD still going to choke on 60 fps ?
MD.SALEEM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2011 23:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
how can i increase or change mp4 vedio frame 1280*720p to 1920*1080p

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2012 12:15

Stan L [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Pacific Northwest, Olympic Peninsula Joined: Feb 13, 2013 12:38 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I had some similar issues with 60P files and found my editor was not able to handle the P and wanted to treat it like interlaced, got confused and made glitchy playing files. Currently I am looking for a program (resonably priced for home use) that will handle AVCHD 60P. Is this the possibly the problem you are having? The AE Writer that Panasonic bundles handles the AVCHD 60P but has too few of editing options.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 13. 2013 12:47

KarenFritz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2013 05:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: So, it has been like 8 months since last post, where is the "fix" in PD for this problem of HD 60fps video still looking jerky on YouTube ?
?

You can refer to this wikihow article for how to upload 60fps videos to YouTube,http://www.wikihow.com/Upload-60-Fps-Videos-to-YouTube-on-Mac-with-Kvisoft/. Tips: After change 60fps to 30fps, please select 'Smooth' effect in adding effect widow, which will a little help to impove converted video's quality.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2013 05:27

kelly456 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 07, 2013 11:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
try an AVCHD Converter for Powerdirector.