Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PS can you post a Mediainfo on the SVRT output please.
Thanks Nathan,

If the start of a clip is trimmed (I use split & delete), will SVRT work? I usually "over" video both beginning and end of a clip (as many do).
Can you get around the lack of SVRT on a modified clip by adding a simple split prior to the transition?

Cheers
Hi Nathan,

Same questions and same problems here.
Pointless using the trial (as you have noted) as it cannot produce high profile and hence SVRT doesn't work. Dafydd assures me SVRT works for 1080p50 but no one has specifically tested the corruption problem with transitions. I did ask this but no-one has come forward to test. For me it would be pointless paying money if these issues haven't been addressed.

Quote: I'm assuming that the HA/HG/HX/HE modes are interlaced? And the 1080p is progressive?

Correct. Interlaced format is a hangover from CRT technology and analogue transmission. Done well it is quite efficient and gives great results but it is diffucult to work with in many situations. The sooner we get rid of it the better for consumer products.

Quote:
Finally, does the 1080p footage require significantly more computing power? I'm OK rendering the footage that I use now (HG1920), but I don't want to push my luck too far...I still crash fairly frequently.

Try it. It may well slow down your navigation around the timeline. As far as rendering it will take longer but smart SVRT does apparently work for TM700.
Hi Reggie,

I do what you do and distribute as DVD.

I recommend you shoot all footage as 1080p50/60. PD has a long history of stuffing up field order with interlaced material and so if you stick with progressive, you may well get better results. Also I suggest you produce a 1080p50/60 file of your finished project as a backup. It won't be long before every flat screen TV will happily play these back from USB and it is soooooo much better than DVD.
OK, I'm all over the place here (wrong thread for HDedit) and other thread now locked.

Can someone please test if possible:

Pana TM700 1080p60 .MTS files on a time line, trim the beginning of the clips by a few frames, add transitions (fade would be good), use a bit of black video at beginning of the project and use Intelegent SVRT.

Questions:
1. Does SVRT continue to kick in after the transition for each clip?
2. Is there the brief distortion after each transition (as it was in PD9)?
3. What is the resultant file's mediainfo (if you could attach the text file that would be great).

Thanks to anyone who has the time to do this.

Regards

Quote: pjc3 - Are you using the trial version?

Yes
Thanks Dafydd
I cannot get the trial version to produce any SVRT profiles compatible.
Pretty sure it is because High Profile for .h264 is not available.

Probably will pay for full version and hope your success is replicated on my set up.
From the trial download page:

"H.264 encode only on Windows 7 OS or specifc hardware"
This is also why I cannot get AVC 1080p60 @ 28 Mbps on SVRT? I suspect so.
Mmmmm....
Used the trial.
Loaded completed PD9 project using TM700 files
Produce tab AVC
Intelegent SVRT correctly identified the frame rate and bit rate but said no profile was available for SVRT.

Will try again tonight with new project or is it a trial limitation?

Edit: as the trial does not have high profile for .h264, I suspect this is why SVRT does not work. Shame I cannot test the only benefit of PD10 over PD9 before I purchase. Oh well, PD9 was a bargain price after all
It is a shame they have gone to all the trouble to implement 3D but still can't produce AVC @ 28mbps (which no doubt has become an accepted format). Nevermind ... will just have to keep hacking the .ini files.
I suspect TrueHD and DTS-HD (and probably VC1) would come with pretty heavy license fee......
I don't think you will need to utilise shadow files unless you are really using multiple, multiple tracks.
I have sent you a PM.
Hi fellow editors.

Can you comment on my set-up (see attached file) to let me know where I have gone wrong. What will I need to do to get it up to speed. I need to edit 1080p60 from the Panasonic TM700.

Thanks for your advice.

Quote: Thanks - FYI, its the Audio stream that has something non std about.

Hence why tsMuxer doesn't recognise it.
The judder is sometimes a result of poor interlacing of PD but seeing you are using progressive source and rendering to 1080p24 it is most likely frame rate discrepancy.

I have had reasonable success rendering to 1080i60 for AVCHD. No frame rate problems and PD can't stuff up too much interlacing a progressive source.
Quote:

Hi, did you try my video and produce an AVCHD disc (produce disc)....just the disc files on your hard drive, not actually writing a disc.

thx

AVCHD disc do not support 1080p60 only 1080p24 @ 18Mbps. If you want to keep 1080p60 then you will need a mediaplayer. If you are getting frame rate judder problems converting to 24fps then I suggest you use 720p60 on your AVCHD disc.
More importantly the scan type is MBAFF instead of interlaced which may not be supported by some media players.
If you are interested in getting the most out of 1080p60 have a read here.......

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15533.page
Go to: