Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yeah, these things are starting to fall in place. It seems so simple in the mind in concept - quite different when one tries to put it in practice.

I thought about reshooting the hand, but it's difficult to determine the exact scale for the blue screen shoot.

And thanks much for the help!

Tangle
Hey thanks guys!

That seems pretty obvious now that you've told me how to do it.

I just reduced the size as described and almost got the effect I want.

I didn't see that the extra blue screen helped, but I didn't really get to work with it enough yet.

So, this is still a work in progress.

One thing I did notice is that the 'edges' show up because the hand goes out of the frame with some of the movements and it does disclose the rectangular frame when it does that.

I kind of think that's the nature of the beast.

Thanks again guys, I'm still refining the technique.
I did a blue screen demo that worked as expected. The video is my hand over a PD11 background and a PD11 pic. The problem is that my hand is too large. I need to reduce the vid clip of my hand to a smaller size to look more proportional to the pic.

Everything I've tried only produces a crop effect. I.e. I can reduce the overall size of the frame, but the image remains full scale and just gets clipped.

I have been able to do this with Adobe Premier Elements, but I like PD better and need to learn how to do this in PD11.

I'm sure I've overlooked the obvious, but if anyone can point me in the right direction, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Tangle
Hey thanks - that helps a lot just knowing it's not a PD issue.

I'll google it and see if I can make some sense of it.

And, again, thanks!
Tangle
I've been running PD10 for a couple of years and decided to upgrade to PD11. So I bought the PD11 upgrade and the download went fine, but the installation terminates with the "SETUP COULD NOT LOAD/UNLOAD GETDXVER.DLL" message.

Next I tried installing the free trial version just to see if it would load - I got the same termination and message.

Anybody know how to fix this problem?
Quote: Excellent!

I didn't need to show you inside my SS module after all!

Cheers - Tony

No, but I sure appreciate you going to the trouble to do so.

I think I'm gonna save a copy my categories/tracks for backup - don't want to go through this again.

It's good to have everything back!

Thanks for all the insight and help!

My next question will be in PD10 - where do I get 3D glasses and what works with PD10 3D. I bet somebody already has a thread up about that!

Tangle
That fixed it !
Tony, thanks for 'linking' me to SS technical support!

I thought this was interesting in particular:

"...to install the music that originally came with older versions of PowerDirector."
Oops, I just refreshed my email and had this from SS:

Hello Ron,

It appears that when Quicktracks was uninstalled, that the original music
was removed as well. To get them back, please click the link below:

http://www.smartsound.com/support/music/index.php

This page will provide you with a link for downloading the music installer. Download and run this file to install the music that originally came with older versions of PowerDirector.

I'm doing that now.

Tangle
Thanks again Tony!

As per your observation in the referenced thread, changing the duration adds more 'clips' in a chosen category.

The problem is, it doesn't add the missing categories.

Still waiting for a response from SS.

It really looks to me like SS no longer includes all the categories, and when one updates, certain categories are deleted.

I can't think of other reasons why upgrading to PD10 and re-installing SS wouldn't restore missing categories.

Should be interesting to see what SS says.

BTW Tony, do you have the original SS categories? And, have you done a SS update recently?

Thanks,
Tangle
Hmmm, when I scrolled down the list of songs to purchase, I find one "Blues to Go" sound. The previous, i.e. original had a style called "Blues to Go" and a number of variations of the style to choose from.

It would appear that SmartSound has reduced the selections and converted many 'styles' to single sounds for purchase.

I have contacted SmartSound and am waiting for a reply. However, it's starting to look pretty clear that SS has greatly reduced the style selection and all one has to do to loose the original variety is do an update.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks again,
Tangle
So I bought the PD1- upgrade. When it asked if I wanted to install SmartSound, I clicked yes. Then it said SmartSound must but uninstalled before installing SmartSound. Then it said do you want to uninstall SmartSound. So I said yes and it went about removing SmartSound and then installed SmartSound for PD10. Guess what? There's no difference whatsoever!

I still have 10 styles. Things like Blues to Go, Orleans Jump, etc. apparently are no longer part of SmartSound core???

On my second computer, I have the full version because once this happened on my home computer, I wouldn't accept any SmartSound updates on the other computer. Sooo, I'm gonna copy the sounds from my second computer to the one that has missing sounds and see if that works.

And, I'll try to contact SmartSound today.

If anyone thinks of anything else to try, I would much appreciate any and all thoughts.

Thanks,
Tangle
Hey thanks Tony! Sounds good - I will do that!
Hey guys thanks for the thoughts!

Hmmm, I don't use Adobe Premier Elements, but I do use Adobe PhotoShop Elements 9. Although I've never used SmartSound with PE9, it could still be accessing SmartSound some way and PE9 is certainly a common factor on both computers I have experienced this with.

I have done a SmartSound rebuild, but it doesn't restore the full freebie category sounds. E.g. in PD9 in the Magic Music (MM) window, the selection window says I have "All-61 style(s)" selected, but I only have 10 category sounds. When I check the SmartSound folder, sure enough, I only have 10 styles, they are:

Clear Vision
Feature Presentation
Future Progress
Global Vibes
Introspective
Julie's Place
Pavane
Run Down
Super Logo
Wild Chase

These are followed by a bunch of selections starting with "1000 Miles"

There are no SmartSound updates available. Really puzzling how this keeps happening.

The only other thing I can think of I use is Photoshop Elements 9. Could it affect SmartSound?
To recap, I had used SmartSound in some projects and everything was fine. I produced a file and it was fine. Then 'it' happened. Some of the selections, the free ones, were simply gone. I only realized this when I loaded a project that used some of the missing music. When I loaded the project, I got a message that some of the music would be ignored. That's when I discovered the selections were no longer a part of SmartSound - not good!

This happened on two independent copies of PD9 on two different computers. Then, just like it went away, it came back on both computers, as I recall via updates.

Now, it's done it again. About half of the free categories are gone. I suppose time will tell if it will just come back too, but you can imagine how annoying this would be. Any project that uses portions of the now missing categories can not play them, so one would loose that part of the project altogether.

Thoughts????

Again, many thanks,
Tangle
Quote: HI Tangle

Thanks for the heads up.

Since YT 'updated' their website to the 'new' look I have had loads of problems too.

I do not use PD to upload to YT - I upload from a produced file from another folder.

I too sent YT a message. To date no response.

Try Vimeo they're much better

Well I don't use PD to upload either. I produce a M2TS file and upload it directly from YT. Although I may not have understood what you meant.

I have almost too much invested in YT to use anything else .

With the new YT, I can't figure out how to see my channel comments. Also, looks like we've lost the ability to broadcast messages to our subscribers.

Tangle
I posted this in my other thread, but I doubt many will see it there, and it's a pretty significant issue.

I've uploaded a number of videos to YouTube since Sunday. They all have annoying disruptions in them. I've checked every file in Microsoft Media Player and in PD9 they play perfectly.

This seems to be only affecting newly uploaded files. All my existing vids run fine. But, if I go back to the original file of a video I've uploaded in the past, that is running perfectly as we 'speak', and upload the very same file now, it has the disruptions in it.

I have notified YouTube but they haven't got back to me yet.

So if you upload anything right now, you'll want to check and see if you have this problem.

Tangle
It's YouTube - everything I upload gets messed up. I have notified them - haven't heard anything back yet.

This is definitely not a good time to be uploading videos. Even if you plan to re-upload later when things get fixed, you'll lose your view count and likes.

Just a heads up.
Thanks Carl.

I have uploaded another copy, three in fact, they all do the same thing.

Apparently, as you indicate, there is something happening right now with YouTube. Even the vids that I have previously uploaded are running correctly. But if I upload the very same video today, it has video problems.

I guess it's time to contact YouTube.

Thanks,
Tangle
ALL the videos I've produced with PD9 have run perfectly on YouTube. I've uploaded at least 40 - 50 vids produced in the H.264/AVC format - all have run flawlessly - except the last one.

I uploaded it the very same way I have all my others and when played on YouTube, it has flashes of blocks appearing in the video. When I play the produced file using Microsoft Media Player, none of that is present; it's just exactly what it should be.

So, I uploaded a previously uploaded video that runs on YouTube with no problems. I did not re-produce the video, I used the same M2TS file I uploaded the first time. Guess what - it has the problem too. The original upload, about a week or so ago still plays fine. But the latest upload of the very same file has the problems in it.

This sounds like a YouTube issue, but just curious if anybody else has experienced this or knows what to do about it????
Quote:
Strange???

Tangle

Not really, it is a computer. Computers do strange things some times.

LOL - so true!
Go to: