Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote:
Strange???

Tangle

Not really, it is a computer. Computers do strange things some times.

LOL - so true!
Thanks again Carl. Yes I do have a scanner on both machines, but I've been using PD9 for about a year I guess and haven't had the first problem.

Update:
When I got home, I clicked on Magic Music and an update window popped up. I let it install updates and MM is right back to where it was before I had the problems.

Strange???

Tangle
Hey thanks Carl - it's back! It may have been what you said, but the strange thing is, I have two legitimate copies of PD9. One on my home computer, and the second on my work computer.

They both did exactly the same thing at about the same time. My home computer started this Sunday; when I got to work Monday, that copy was doing the same thing.

Maybe it was what you said, but strange as it seems, I tried it twice after reading your post, the first time nothing active, i.e buttons etc., showed up in the Magic Music window. I closed PD9 and started it back up, opened a project and it didn't work. Close PD9 again and opened it and every thing was there just like always - really weird.

Thanks for your time and help,
Tangle
I've used SmartSound with PowerDirector 9 in a number of videos. It always came up with a plethora of categories; the sounds dropped right in my videos.

Today, I tried to use it, the same as always, and I got an entirely different format, and it appears I have to purchase the sounds.

What happened?

Many thanks,
Tangle
Thanks much Cranston.

I can understand the YouTube thing you describe, but the WMV file that was created by the project conversion which then uploads to YouTube has the same issues that I see on YouTube.

Also, when I produce a MP2 file, and watch that using Media Player, it also has the same issues.

Perhaps one or some combinations of enhancements cause unexpected anomalies in the conversions. When I do an upload, the upload time seems normal; when I produce a file the conversion time and the file size seems to be about right.

Or maybe there are some restrictions in the free trial version that are causing the problem. Interestingly enough, I did a video enhancement on another file and it did just fine on YouTube and in a MP2 file. But, I only did the video enhancement, ahhh that's not right either; on one segment I did an enhancement and a 2x speed up.
Quote: Try this with another video clip and see what happens. Does it also happen if you try to produce to a different file format?

Hey, I thought I was supposed to ask the questions!

That's a good idea, I'll give some different clips a try, and when I uploaded directly to YouTube, it produced a .WMV file and it has approximately the same problems, but a different file format would sure be worth a try.

Thanks!
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2GHz, 1Gb RAM
Diamond Radeon X1050 - Not sure how much memory it has

Oh, and this is SD video files.

I can understand why the type of processor etc. is important, but the puzzling thing (to me) is the video runs correctly in the PD preview window, which suggests the computer has the facilities to accommodate the video and enhancements.

The problem shows up in a 'produced' MP2 video file. The video from this file is erratic. Although, as I watch the MP2 being produced, I see the erratic motion in the produce preview window.

Thanks for the heads up on the name - I thought I did that. I came from the 'other' forum and I think got confused on the way over.
Hey guys, I guess it goes without saying I'm a newbie here.

As I said in the title, I couldn't come up with search words to search for this, so if you can direct me to a previous thread I'd appreciate it, if not maybe you could shed some light on this:

I downloaded the free 30 day trial version of PD8 and I really like it. This morning I decided to try some of the enhancement features on a couple of video clips.

I trimmed each of two clips to the segments I wanted. That made each clip about 12 seconds long.

In Power Tools I clicked on Reverse Video for both clips, and in Fix/Enhance I clicked on Video Enhancement for both clips and the Lighting Adjustment for the second clip only.

In the edit window, everything seems to run fine. So I uploaded the 24 second project to YouTube. That went fine, but when I looked at the video, it had bad discontinuities in it and was jerky.

So I decided to conver the project to an MP2 file and watch that on Windows Media Player. Same thing happened. In a couple of spots the video actually jumps back a bit and then jumps back to it's original location and continues to play in a very sporatic manner.

I'm running PD8 on a 3.2GHz computer with 1G of RAM.

Could this just be the trial version? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tangle
Go to: