Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi a geek,

even though title menu edit options are a bit limited, you might be able to do this by creating a (static) background image containing your family and the TV set.

You might then place the video thumbnail of your first chapter at the position of the TV set from your background image.

To get a little overview about creating disc/ title menus, have a look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMYmFNWLjo

Regards,
Tom
Hi guys,

I placed a call at CL R&D more that 4 months ago, and they are still working on this issue, confirming that they were able to reproduce it.

In my case the green bar only occurs when I use MTS files from my Panasonic camera as basis, then apply "slow motion video with frame interpolation" effect and produce it to any format.

A pain indeed as tony avs mentioned, especially because frame interpolation would give you a smoother, less choppy output than the "classic" version of slow motion as it was already available in previous PD versions.

Though my case is quite a long-runner, I'm still hoping that it might be solved with a product update

Hi guys,

reading other posts in this forum I got this idea about maybe getting some considerable power boost for real-time by just changing the video card.

With my NVidia GeForce 8500 GT video card I'm able to switch on the CUDA acceleration feature, but the hardware decoding feature which came with build 2508 is greyed out.
I have the latest GPU driver and PD 8 build installed.

My questions are:

1) Could it be an intended program behavior that with some NVidia cards CUDA acceleration can be switched on but hardware decoding can't? Did anybody get the same experience?

2) Does hardware decoding affect/ speed up the preview from the time line?

3) In previous posts I read that hardware decoding had some negative influence on the production (rendering) results. Is that still an issue?

4) Which fanless NVidia or ATI video card (up to USD 200) would you recommend for a hardware upgrade in my particular case?

Currently I'm able to watch AVCHD clips from the time line without stuttering. Only when I apply certain effects or power tools, my system shows its limits.
Rendering time is not an issue for me, but a little boost during work with the time line would be great.

Any advices?

Cheers,
Tom
Just did a test with MPEG2 instead of AVCHD as basis and produced to AVI and WMA.
In both cases - no green line.

Im quite sure this only happens with AVCHD when using Slow Motion video with frame interpolated technology.
The "funny" thing is that this issue apparently had been addressed to CL R&D 2 months ago already:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10101.page

But obviously the bug hasn't been fixed with the last build

Regards,
Tom
Hi to both,

this question has to general answer, because the camera manufacturers don't fully implement one and the same thing in their AVCHD files.
But even worse, they change the AVCHD format with new camera releases.
This means that AVHCD videos with same resolution, frame size and TV format can still differ from each other.
That's why some people here have certain problems which others don't. In such cases, the camera brand and model is often the crucial factor.

Regards,
Tom
Hi Jerry,

referring to Tony's picture, you have to remove the audio clips with the respective remove button from every chapter section in your menu.
That is because by default, at every chapter the music is added.

Regards,
Tom
there are at least two support tickets on the way dealing with this
Let's see what comes out.

As said before this should be fixed since the Slow-Motion function produces smoother vidoe than the Video Speed method.

Regards,
Tom
anyway, please keep in mind that not all hardware (DVD) players fully cope with such PD 8 created disks based on multiple projects or films.

My hardware player for instance doesn't play all chapters (previously imported projects) continuously (one by the other), even when it was set in the PD 8 DVD menu designer to do so.
Instead, it plays only one chapter and then stops. So I have to choose each chapter I want to watch separately.

Regards,
Tom
@Otmar:
Was Bernd schrieb kann ich durch meine Tests bestätigen. Das Ein- bzw. Ausgabeformat scheint keine Rolle zu spielen, es liegt am Zeitlupeneffekt mit Bildinterpolation.
Der genannte Effekt selbst scheint die Linie zu generieren.

Gruß,
Tom
looking at my profile below, everybody will understand that I exactly know what is the point here

But James, did your GPU activation really show also differences in playback mode? That should be strange I think, because I thought PD only uses the GPU when rendering or using some special effects which were switched for using GPU.
Am I wrong?

Regards,
Tom
Hi guys,

I figured that out all by myself - unfortunately it's not documented in the official pages.

Anyway I'm happy to help you all with that.

Cheers,
Tom
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Just done some additional tests:
When I use Video Speed, the green line doesn't appear.
But when I use Slow-Motion instead (or what ever the name is on an English system) it does.

Bad luck - good luck in that case
But still hard to cope with since Slow-Motion uses picture interpolation technology which smooths the motion.
So like this one is forced to use the choppy variant...

Regards,
Tom
Oder hier bleiben und auf V7 mit letztem Patchlevel zurück gehen

Mal im Ernst: Die lief bei mir ganz sauber, und wenn man auf den ganzen Optimierungs- und Effekt-Schnickschnack verzichten kann, bietet sie ziemlich alles, was man so braucht.

Apropos: Ich erinnere mich nicht - gabs in V7 eigentlich schon Entrauschen?

Gruß,
Tom
Don't do it, you can skip that one.
From the other user mentioned I got replied that in build 2508 the issue was already present
He already tested it just a few hours ago.

It might be useful to start with an "initial" version and then slowly go through the builds, but that has something masochistic hasn't it?

I'd even go back to V7 to get rid off this stupid lines, but unfortunately then I'd also loose lot's of useful things I'm already taking for certain in V8.

Regards,
Tom
Hi Tim,

the menu structure depends on the chapter structure, which is defined by the method how you import your footage.
When your footage consists of one project with chapters only, what you want won't work.

But here is the solution:
If you split your footage to one project per "parent chapter" (means each partial project containing 4 chapters each as you want it) and then import these 8 projects in the menu designer, you will get a 3-level chapter structure.
What you will get you might also call a "Main level - Chapters - Scenes" structure, which is exactly what you want.

I hope my explanation was good enough and not too confusing

Cheers,
Tom
Hi Andrew,

thanks for your reply.

About your statement:
In terms of your second point, I have seen that but that's more of a workflow issue. I never actually create a menu until I've edited and checked evrything first.
For instance when you create a DVD in the menu designer based on several imported PD projects, it can happen that you still notice some slight things you might have corrected, like an audio clip level, video enhancement or whatever.
In such a case, if you edit the respective project, all your clip thumbs will be removed, which can destroy hours of work.
So I don't agree it is necessarily a workflow issue, except you are aware of this bug and always make sure chapter thumbs are set as very, very last step of your work, but that isn't always predictable as described in the above example.
And frankly, when you edit something you would expect it stays the same until you edit it again or remove it

By the way, it turned out that there might be a third issue with build 2704: The "green line issue" which seems to be caused by using video effects or enhancements prior to rendering to any output format:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10978.page

Regards,
Tom
Hi elbraddo,

thanks a lot for your previous post, it confirms that the issue is obviously caused by the usage of various video enhancement or effect tools in PD 8.

About the MPEG2 step as a workaround, meanwhile I'm afraid it doesn't work any more with build 2704 anyway.
Why? Because I rendered the MPEG2 version prior to installing the update.
And confirming this, another user posted (in another German forum) that the green line issue occurs with all output formats meanwhile on all clips where video enhancements, like slow motion or maybe even others like denoising were applied

If that should be the truth, it means there is a real issue which most likely came up with one of the previous builds and should be resolved asap.

Regards,
Tom
Hallo Leute,

folgendes Phänomen:

Ich rendere einen Film direkt von AVCHD 1440/50i auf DVD. Als Resultat bekomme ich eine störende grüne Zeile (Strich) am unteren Rand des Films (16:9). Und zwar meistens bei Clips, auf denen Videoeffekte, speziell Zeitlupe, verwendet werden.

Rendere ich zuerst in MPEG2 als Zwischenschritt, bekomme ich die grüne Zeile nicht.

Kann das jemand nachvollziehen?

Gruß,
Tom
Hi again,

I found more details about it - please look here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10978.page

Regards,
Tom
Hi guys,

when I render a film (16:9) directly from AVCHD 1440/50i to DVD files, as a result I get an annoying green line at the very low bottom of some clips, mostly (or even only?) at those where video effects, especially slow motion, had been used.

But as it seems, when I first render my clips in MPEG2 as an intermediate step, I don't get the green lines.

Any ideas or experiences?

Regards,
Tom
Go to: