Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question about creating a Disc Menu
[Post New]
Greetings,

I was wondering if PowerDirector 8 has the ability to create a specific type of disc menu (or if there are instructions or software to create this type of disc menu to use in PowerDirector)?

The disc menu I am looking to create is one where there is an area on the root menu to insert a video clip (my friends who use Premiere Elements call it a 'drop zone', although they do not know how to create a drop zone). My idea is to create a disc menu where, on the root menu, I have an image of my family looking at a TV screen. The TV screen is the area where I could insert a video clip. Ideally it would be great to create this disc menu as a template so I could use it on various dvd's I create. I would like to start developing disc menus as templates so any information on "how to" is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!
[Post New]
Hi a geek,

even though title menu edit options are a bit limited, you might be able to do this by creating a (static) background image containing your family and the TV set.

You might then place the video thumbnail of your first chapter at the position of the TV set from your background image.

To get a little overview about creating disc/ title menus, have a look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMYmFNWLjo

Regards,
Tom PC: Intel Core2Duo E8600 2,66 GHz, 4 GB RAM
GPU: NVidia GeForce 8500 with 512 MB Video RAM
PowerDirector Version 8 build 3022
Cam: Panasonic HDC-SD100
[Post New]
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response. That sounds like a good idea. I'll check out the youtube link and give it a shot.

Thanks again.

A GEEK