Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yet another menu question - audio
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to change the default audio clip that comes up when you apply a menu? Jerry Schwartz
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jerry -

The attached image shows the buttons to click in Menu Preferences.

If you're interested - or it will help - the audio files for menus are stored at C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Menus\menu title\Audio. If you wanted to permanently change the music attached to a menu, it could probably be done here, but I've never bothered to try it.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Menu_Audio.jpg]
 Filename
Menu_Audio.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
213 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
147 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Tony.

I knew about that, and I try to be careful, but that "sports" ditty launches me out of my chair every time.

Not only that, but every time you preview your disk, the sound clip reappears! I can't make it stay away.

I was hoping there was something more permanent.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 18. 2010 20:25

Jerry Schwartz
[Post New]
Hi Jerry,

referring to Tony's picture, you have to remove the audio clips with the respective remove button from every chapter section in your menu.
That is because by default, at every chapter the music is added.

Regards,
Tom
PC: Intel Core2Duo E8600 2,66 GHz, 4 GB RAM
GPU: NVidia GeForce 8500 with 512 MB Video RAM
PowerDirector Version 8 build 3022
Cam: Panasonic HDC-SD100