Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
FullHD AVCHD issues fixed?
Keyan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2009 09:09 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I was an early adopter on PD8 and there were major problems when using 1920x1080 AVCHD files as source media. At the time I returned the software because it was unusable to me. Is Power Director working now with FullHD source files or is this still an issue?

Thanks!
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Keyan,

EDIT: I found your original post where you were having your troubles:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/7740.page

It's hard to say if you won't have troubles again...there is a newer release, Build 2704, but I am not sure if it corrected anything relating to your issues.

I have basically the same system as you, unless you changed it since your original post. But the BIGGEST hardware difference may be that I am using ATI Radeon graphic cards and so far I have not had issues when rendering to a file or disc. (knocking on simulated wood ) And I have the same video camera as you( next model up)

I wonder if you can download the PD8 trial and give it another go?

Kevin

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 19. 2010 06:34

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Keyan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Good to know it seems to be working for someone else. I'm still debating trying again, it was acting like it was out of memory or something, even though I have plenty of RAM and that was not the issue.
[Post New]
Hi to both,

this question has to general answer, because the camera manufacturers don't fully implement one and the same thing in their AVCHD files.
But even worse, they change the AVCHD format with new camera releases.
This means that AVHCD videos with same resolution, frame size and TV format can still differ from each other.
That's why some people here have certain problems which others don't. In such cases, the camera brand and model is often the crucial factor.

Regards,
Tom PC: Intel Core2Duo E8600 2,66 GHz, 4 GB RAM
GPU: NVidia GeForce 8500 with 512 MB Video RAM
PowerDirector Version 8 build 3022
Cam: Panasonic HDC-SD100
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
This basically goes over my head when it comes to formats and cameras...but I think I understand the differences and how it can be problematic when working with the files within PD. But Keyan and I have the same camera so wouldn't that variable be eliminated as a cause for a problem?

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
From release 2508 onward PD8 has been been better with AVCHD generation. As pointed out by Looky the lack of strict standards in the industry is an issue. I use 3 different video editors and at least two of them have some minor problems with AVCHD files. PD8 is the speediest of all so far with AVCHD on an i7 based PC. Worth a try. Win 10, i7
Keyan [Avatar]
[Post New]
It seems like you end up with a "collection" of video editing suites to get everything done.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Actually no. I use the others for different, less demanding editing. PD8 is used solely for AVCHD files. Win 10, i7