Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you SO much guys! I finally 'got it' late last night on my own... although it took me a few times to fine-tune it.... but I did get it to work. I am watching your video now and reading your instructions Borgus1..... and just downloaded your PDF instructions Ynotfish......

I will go through them both carefully just to get this thing engrained in my pea-brain.... lol.

Thanks again, and if I have more questions, I will shoot them out here to you. Have an excellent day - both of you and thanks again for hanging in there with this newbie.
Wow.... I followed your toot to the tee, and I can not get my video to stay in place while growing diagonally to save my life.... I've never seen such a mess of a program with sketchy support files.

Thanks for trying to help... I do appreciate your efforts.... but I just cannot get the results - been at it for about 4 hours.
I do not 'get' how to start and stop a keyframe transition....

makes absolutely no sense to me.
If I go to PIP designer, all I get are a bunch of ridiculous looking balloons and crudely designed objects.... I don't see how I can even get a video into PIP designer to manipulate?

Ugh.... I will give this a look, but I have watched about 4 different videos, and everybody whips through them without much explanation for newbies.... I think people forget that those new to this need almost 'baby-step.... overly explained' instructions....

I'll give it a look, but so far am very frustrated.... don't see how I can change the position at which a transition of size/motion begins and ends.
Thank you!
Thanks Borgus1...... what I am trying to do however, is to merge the two 'remaining' segments back into a single segment.

As it stands now.... if I select 'both' remaining segments, even if they are 'touching'.... I cannot edit them together....so I need to merge them back into a single clip. Any way of doing that at this point? Thanks.
I 'split' apart a video track to 'delete' an unwanted section of the video. I'd like to 'join' the remaining two 'split' sections back together now so that I can fiddle with keyframes.....

Can I join the remaining 'split' segments back together.... ? How do I do this?

Thanks.
Can and should this be accomplished with 'keyframes?' I have no idea how to manipulate the keyframes.... is there a good video tutorial on this? Thanks.
Ok... hope I can explain this well... and hope you can give me a easy-to-follow, step-by-step tute.

I have a 'main' Video Track, with a secondary Video Track which I have resized smaller and located in the upper left hand corner of the 'Main Video Track.'

At a certain point of the video..... I would like to 'swap' both size and position of these two tracks..... so that the transition has the 'Main Video Track' reducing in size and being slowly relocated to the upper Right corner while the PIP Secondary Video Track increases in size and expands to become the full screen video.

Does this make sense?

How can I achieve this?

I am using PowerDirector 11 Ultra.

Thank you.
Well, I see it's apparently because I chose 'Custom' text and it is 3D text by default. Apparently 3D text doesn't allow you to make standard modifications such as justifying text. How lame.
I am trying to simply 'Center Justify' my text in the title editor and cannot find the settings. How is this accomplished in PD 11 ?? It was so straight forward in PD 10.

Thanks.
Hi Tony -

Thanks for the reply. Won't 'sliding' the keyframes cause the 'transition/effect' keyframe to simply last a longer duration overall?

Say you want to keep a particular Text keyframe duration at 10 seconds.... however, you want the 'Fade-out to occur at an earlier point within that 10 seconds than the 'default' fade-out text animation allows.

How is this accomplished by sliding the length of the text keyframe? Wouldn't that just make the entire text effect appear longer on the video?

Thanks for clarifying this.

I really appreciate your patience and support with my Newbie questions....hope I'm not being a nuisance. :
Thanks Tony.... my error, I found the "fade" for the Title Tracks..... odd that they don't alphabetize them though?? Doesn't appear like you can adjust the fade length either...but maybe I just don't know how yet.

I'll check out the tutes - thanks Tony.
Thanks Tony.... I'm making progress.

But now I've come to another hurdle.... how can I 'fade in/out' my text titles on the Title Track?

I cannot drag a fade onto that track either.

On another video program all you have to do is right-click and you have the ability to 'fade-in/out' on any keyframe on any track.

Why doesn't Cyberlink Director allow you to do something so simple? I don't get that.

What is 'their' solution to achieving this? Thanks.
Hi Tony -

Thank you very much for your detailed instructions... however I have a few more questions as a result:

After following your instructions, My duplicate video copy which I made on my PIP 1 Track (along with the Effects Room transition), shows on top of my Master Video Track as a smaller video in the center of the Master Video Track video.

How can I 'size' up the PIP duplicate video (with the Effects Room transition) to perfectly match the Master Video Track video size?

I think I might be close to getting this, but don't know how to size up the PIP video track to match that of the Master Video Track.

Thanks for your patience with me, an admitted newbie... :
Thanks for the links, etc....but this doesn't really explain to me what a 'keyframe' is..... I thought a keyframe was the same thing as the timeline??

I appreciate your explanation, but have no idea what you're talking about in regards to "overlapping the segment without the effect in a higher numbered PIP track, and fade into the non-effected PIP."

I have a *fade* transition which is in the Master Video Track...and I cannot get the fade of any nature into ANY of the other tracks.... PIP or otherwise.

I'm getting really frustrated.... my old competing program was sooo easy. Seems like nothing is labeled well in this program.

I even looked in the Help Index.... typed in "Keyframe" in the keyword search and NOTHING came up for keyframe at all....

Is there a way to upload my file for review and discussion???
Hi Carl -

I don't get it. If I add a PiP track...it adds it below the effect track...and I cannot put a transition in any track besides the Master Video Track anyway???

Seems like the fade on the Master Video Track would fade out my 'Pencil Effect' transition which is located in the 'effect room' section.

In fact, I can't fade-out ANY effects on ANY track other than the Master Video Track. What the heck is up with that?!
It goes from the pencil sketch effect of the video to an abrupt change to the standard video. I'd like to arrange the Pencil Sketch video so that it slowly fades away to the standard video.

I tried to put a 'fade' video at the end of the 'pencil sketch' effect on the effect track - but PD8 wouldn't let me?? And when I had a fadeout transition on the video track...it doesn't affect the effect track below it???

Help! and thanks :
Hi everyone.

I am making a little video which transitions from one keyframe to another. I have noticed that, although the same font size is utilized each time, the text size appears bigger on some text segments than others....

Will the text size automatically change size depending upon the amount of text on the segment?

Scratching my head here....
Thanks Tony. I'm wondering though.... I saved a video clip using the wmv format.... and someone with a Windows laptop could not "play" it..... is wmv a format that everyone *should* be able to play if they have an Windows OS?

Thanks for the advice...

Go to: