Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I join two 'split' segments back together ... which are on the same video track?
Toddsta [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2010 12:18 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I 'split' apart a video track to 'delete' an unwanted section of the video. I'd like to 'join' the remaining two 'split' sections back together now so that I can fiddle with keyframes.....

Can I join the remaining 'split' segments back together.... ? How do I do this?

Thanks.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I 'split' apart a video track to 'delete' an unwanted section of the video.
Can I join the remaining 'split' segments back together.... ? How do I do this?

Click the timeline in the clip that's to the right of the gap, hold down the mouse button and drag left until the right-hand section mates up with the left.

When a portion of a clip is excised you should see three choices...

cut and leave gap
cut and move clips on the same track
cut and move all timeline clips after removed clip

Choices two and three won't leave a gap.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 29. 2013 14:04

Toddsta [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2010 12:18 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Borgus1...... what I am trying to do however, is to merge the two 'remaining' segments back into a single segment.

As it stands now.... if I select 'both' remaining segments, even if they are 'touching'.... I cannot edit them together....so I need to merge them back into a single clip. Any way of doing that at this point? Thanks.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: What I am trying to do however, is to merge the two 'remaining' segments back into a single segment.

As it stands now.... if I select 'both' remaining segments, even if they are 'touching'.... I cannot edit them together....so I need to merge them back into a single clip.

After selecting those you want, right-click and GROUP CLIPS. Perhaps that will serve the purpose.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2013 14:18

Tomas G77
Member Location: Ayrshire Joined: Jun 13, 2008 08:54 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there
Export the file then import it back in all joined
Tom G Thomas G
I'm a 33yr old trapped in a 69yr old body