Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how come i can't use svrt? is it some special option?
i managed to fix it. had to uninstall everything and reinstall the newest driver. and then reinstall avivo and hydravision too from older driver sets.

geez that was a lot of work for no real reason...
yea...i just installed the newest catalyst and drives from that site too....still didn't solve my problem sadly.

the funny thing is this....only full hd 24mbs m2ts files are undamaged. all the other hd formats give me green blocks and lines when i render them....

it's really strange....
I am currently using a ATI HD 4650 and i tried to use the "True Velocity" rendering option and my files end up having green vertical lines in them. when i turn off hardware acceleration, the video quality is normal.

is there any way to remedy this situation? thanks so much!!
i have that problem too but even worse, i'll play the clip and try to split/trim it and then it crashes on me all of a sudden, it seems to happen with the new build or something...
have you tried creating a different clip just to see if the HD profiles disappeared again?

it would be a good process of elimination...that way we can better figure out the real problem as i am also clueless....
in this case, bitrate is not the transfer rate of your LAN/WLAN. but it's the quality of picture (aka if you can see the stubble on someone's face).

exactly how long is the movie clip you intend on making? if it's under 10 minutes, i usually shoot for 150mb to about 300mb. usually under that size i get around 720p picture quality.

hope all is going well and keep it up!
what resolution did you produce the mpeg in? the text should be really good quality. i just produced a video in m2t 1080i and wmv and the text is crisp.

the best reason would be b/c you produced the video in low resolution and then decided to expand the video full screen...
After playing around with PD8 on my new desktop, I finally managed to understand the minimum requirements to produce 1080 video in a comfortable manner.

• You really do need a quad core no matter what! mine is 2.33GHz and the CPU processes at almost 75% when producing my video

• Editing multiple videos sources tends to make PD8 freeze up momentarily when trying to view the entire timeline in Movie mode. This also happens in Clip mode also when I try to view certain clips also.

• The amount of RAM required is about 3GB from what i see (RAM usage was about 1.8GB When producing)

• All this was using my example footage which was 1080i and 1080p with very few corrections to the raw footage. the clip was about 3-4 minutes and took around 4-5 minutes to produce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kp43-xDtp0

My current setup is:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz
    4GB DDR2 RAM PC6400
    200GB Hard Drive (IDE) this could be the problem...
    Radeon HD4650 512DDR2 GPU
    @ Dan: what Cranston was talking about is located when (for example) you click on the H.264AVC format for creating your desired movie.

right above the details of the format, you will see an icon that looks like a picture frame and a plus sign on it. by clicking that you will be able to edit the resolution, bitrate, etc to what you want.

i would still stick with the WMV format since your desired resolution isn't that high. plus the amount of time to produce a file in WMV is much shorter than AVC.

Hope that helps!
    from what i understand, the combination of processor and GPU is the main influence on your ability to burn to bluray.

seeing how your graphics card is plenty good, i would think that you would not have any problems burning to blu-ray

have you tried compiling 1080p videos into an m2t file?

my guess is that it'll just take some time, depending on how long the video is.
    Thanks again for all the help! i tried to download ffdshow on the lappie and it still lags in the preview panel for PD8. my guess is that it really is the graphics card that's limiting my ability to watch the playback well.

oddly enough, if i play the video in windows media player, it plays just fine...truly strange.

but good news is that i'm almost done assembling my new desktop guts. i'll go ahead and upgrade my old windows xp to windows 7 64 bit and see how that goes.

I'll let you guys know!
    it's ok i'm building a new desktop tomorrow at the cost of around $300 USD. it's going to be a quad core 2.33ghz with a radeon hd 4560 512mb gpu and 4gb ram. hopefully that'll be enough to do the job! =)

i hope that'll be enough. if not i can always swap out the processor...
    that's the sad thing....even on low preview quality, it's still lags....when playing 1080p (60fps) videos, it can't even play low resolution. but with 1080i(30fps) on low resolution it can play ok....it's quite strange really. but it makes sense that it would be the video card. it's not all that great on the laptop really...
    lol you gave me a good laugh just now. well i have a radeon HD4650 graphics card so actually compiling the video together will be ok. i don't really care b/c i usually let it compile overnight.

my only issue is the fact that when i play the video in the preview panel, it lags on me. do you think that with the quad core it will stop lagging?

Looking at everyone's system setup, i see that most people either have dual core (~2.66ghz) or quad core setups.

Do you think that System speed or the number of cores will have a greater effect on editing 1080p videos on PD8?

I'm thinking of buying an intel quad core either (Q8200 or Q9550) the difference is about $40 but i'm on a budget. if i can get by with the 8200 then i'm going to stick with that.
    thank you so much for your help robert! you are correct that 1080i works quite well. i sometimes even use 720 just so that i can record about 5 hours on my 32gb SD card.

my clips are usually under 10 minutes and only for youtube purposes so it usually takes about 2 hours to compile the whole thing.
    Hi there! i just newly bought PD8 and i'm very excited to try it out! I also have my new 1080p sanyo camcorder that i record video with.

I tried doing a quick search about the shadow file feature but i'm still a bit confused. I am trying to edit a full HD video (1920x1080 @60fps) but playing it in the play editor is extremely laggy. I heard that shadow files make the editing process and previewing process a lot faster.

So what i did was place my video in the timeline and wait for the shadow file to create so that i can start editing. but i'm still waiting....

exactly how long does it take to create this shadow file? i have clips that are anywhere between 800mb to 4gb in size.

I've attached the dxdiagnostic file so that you guys can see if my system is powerful enough to edit full HD movies (i'm using a laptop by the way).

My guess is that my laptop isn't up to par for it...but i hope that i can still edit video on it.

Thank you so much for your help guys!
    Go to: