Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Text Quality Poor in Video
Pololfc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 28, 2010 16:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

First post so forgive me if i'm going over old ground...

I am importing a short video clip into PD8 which i am then adding text to. When i preview the video in the Title Designer the text suddenly changes to poor quality and then changes back when the clip has finished playing. I went ahead and produced an mpeg of the clip to see the finished article and the text is also very poor quality in it.

Can anyone help me with this so that i can regain the quality of the text?

Thanks,

Mark
tpgh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2010 12:24 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
what resolution did you produce the mpeg in? the text should be really good quality. i just produced a video in m2t 1080i and wmv and the text is crisp.

the best reason would be b/c you produced the video in low resolution and then decided to expand the video full screen...
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark and a big welcome to the forum!

I think that Tuan is spot on with his "best reason" regarding resolution. Now if you tell me that you produced your video in 1920x 1080 resolution and you had blurry text then we need to figure out what happened, because it should be crisp and acceptable quality.

This topic thread I found is worth reading..I placed a link here for you. It speaks about resolution and how it relates to text being blurry. I hope it helps explain what might be happening to your video.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7783.page

I hope this helps....if it doesn't just keep asking and we will keep on trying to help you!!

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2010 19:47

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Pololfc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 28, 2010 16:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks guys, i created a WMV file at high quality and that sorted my problem out!