Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HD Options Disappearing:
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD 8 Ultra build 2508 and I just sat down to produce a short clip, but when I clicked on the Produce tab I found that all of my HD options are gone...again! I saved the project and did a complete reinstall. All is well. I reopen my project and BAM!, no HD options. This is really frustrating having to reinstall every time I want to produce in HD. Am I the only one having this problem? It happened in previous builds also. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jaime,

The only way I can duplicate the same result (I think) is if the project AR precludes HD options. Do you think there's something causing PD to read the AR differently and therefore only show SD options??

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
tpgh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2010 12:24 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
have you tried creating a different clip just to see if the HD profiles disappeared again?

it would be a good process of elimination...that way we can better figure out the real problem as i am also clueless....
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
After a reinstall, I opened PD several times and started a new project with an SD clip. The HD options are there. Then, when I open the clip I saved while the HD options were missing, they are gone. The problem is that they don't come back even if I start a fresh project. I will just have to watch it and see when they disappear and try to narrow down the problem. Thanks for the help. For now they are working. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
AR = Aspect ratio

If the video is 4:3 and the Video Timeline is set to 4:3, then the HD offerings will not show as it does for a 16:9 video.

Go to Edit > Aspect Ratio and set it to 16:9
Check also your settings in Edit > Preferences > tab Confirmation
I have the options unchecked except the last, you may want to select your own choices.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 10. 2010 12:18

James Dotson
[Post New]
That does recreate the problem, but when I switch back to 16:9 the options come back. I was wondering if PD is changing something in the registration, but I don't know exactly when it started. I'll rebuild the project tonight and see what happens. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
One of the options I direct you to caused the problem. There is an auto flick ratio change when you're in 16:9 and introduce a 4:3 video at the beginning of a project.

If you opt for the wrong option it'll change the aspect ratio.

Just look at TV conflicts message then it's followed by the aspect ratio conflict message - and bam, you click the same position and there is the cause of your problem.

I have mentioned this to CyberLink.

It is one of the reasons I unchecked the options in the Edit > Preferences > Confirmation tab.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 10. 2010 12:29