Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
System requirements for PD8 Ultra
Tony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2010 18:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have a Intel Core2 Duo E4600 with 4GB (800mhz) DDR2 Ram, a Nvidia Geforce 1GB 8800GTS (with Cuda) and over 60GB free hard drive space. My opperating system is Windows Vista Home Premium

Please can you tell me if my setup is enough to produce and burn to disc blu ray and AVCHD?

As the min spec's say the processor needs to be minimum an E6400 (which isn't much different looking on intels spec's), does this mean it won't work or it will just take a lot longer for it to burn to disc?

Thanks for your help in advance
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

I'm not a tech guy, but I did notice this from Cyberlink...
(100 GB recommended) for Blu-ray Disc/AVCHD production

Full text can be found here...
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/requirements_en_US.html

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will chime in with a more definitive answer for you.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Tony [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Cranston, my question was more aimed at the processor spec. Will the PD8 just crash or lock up when trying to burn or produce a AVCHD or Blu Ray HD movie if my processor isn't as good as or better than the Min Spec Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 as mine is a E4600 (which looking at the specs isn't much different)?
tpgh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2010 12:24 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
from what i understand, the combination of processor and GPU is the main influence on your ability to burn to bluray.

seeing how your graphics card is plenty good, i would think that you would not have any problems burning to blu-ray

have you tried compiling 1080p videos into an m2t file?

my guess is that it'll just take some time, depending on how long the video is.
Tony [Avatar]
[Post New]
Also another thing I don't understand is the E6400 processor is 2.14ghz X2 (core 2) and my E4600 is 2.4ghz X2 (core 2) so doesn't that rate mine as the faster processor, although mine has an 800mhz FSB and the E6400 has a 1066mhz FSB. maybe that would make a difference to PD8?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Take a look here:
Have you seen this, please add your spec?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8445.page
Please add your camera spec here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8727.page
Thanks

Look at the cameras, look at the spec of the PC's

Note the quad and i7 users.

Now to being brutal. A core 2 duo set up is NOT powerful enough to edit 1080HD whether it is interlaced or progressive. It is ok "just" for 720p. Note we are talking of "gentle editing" and not sticking every whistle and effect into a PC of such low power.

We've all been on the upgrade a video learning curve....

Dafydd
[Moderator]
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,

If you already have a camera you can try the trial version of PD and see for yourself. Your experience may vary depending on how you use your computer and what else is running in the background. I've been able to do simple projects with my dual core T7200 laptop. However, the CPU usage is near 100% when playing back HD 1080i video and that was after installing ffdshow. Also in my case, I monitor hard disk fragmention at least monthly and run CCleaner daily.

If you want to get serious about editing HD content then I would get nothing less than a quad core CPU. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT