Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi All,

I'm running the trial of PD11 after currently using PD10 which has some issues which are resolved in this version.

There is a problem though!

I have created a custom PiP which is a semi-transparent white bar (created in photoshop and is saved as a PNG file) which flys in from the left and then morphs on screen so that it is wider. The idea being that this could be used for a "ghosted" area for credits to run through.

In PiP designer, this all works as planned and when I press the play preview button the desired effect is shown in the preview window.
If I then drag this onto the timeline it has changed completly and does not do exactly as it did in the preview. If I edit the saved template I can see the design was exactly as I had created it and still previews correctly. If I edit the PiP now on the timeline, I can see that the keyframes have all changed and the white bar which I have imported does not fly as I expected, nor does the way in which the bar should "expand" work as it did in the preview.

Why is this?? A similar trait was there in PD10 but seeing as the PiP designer has had a revamp I would expect this bug to be fixed.

Any help appreciated.
ynotfish - Thats a very cool video. Its similar to what I want to achieve in that its multiple layers with independent movements and transparancies.

Is the timeline screenshot showing how you created it? How do you save that as a template to use time and again? I assume you are saying to use multiple PIP tracks?
actually, thinking about it he green screen won't work as i dont want the bars to be totally solid. I'd want to see some of the video behind it but in a ghosted way. the overlapping columns then give different levels of opacity.

I guess I'll have to look for something more simple.

Is there a way to alter the opacity of a video overlay?
Thanks for the reply Barry. When I', home I'll post a screenshot of the effect.

That method may well work and be worth the effort as I can reuse it as you have said. I haddn't thought about using a greenscreen and chroma key but i don't see any reason why that wouldn't work well.

Its a little frustrating that we have to do these workarounds. I think powerdirector is the best home video application available but there's certain things like the PIP designer and particle creator which are lacking in parts. for example, I don't personally see why you would use the PIP designer as it effectively only allows a static image which looks quite cartoon like. Now if you could add multiple objects into this PIP design it would become really powerful in allowing you to achieve a lot of different effects while still being basic enough for novice users.
Hello All,

Another "how do i... " question although this is a little more complex.

I find just adding text to a title to be quite basic and crude so I want to be able to add some contemporary image styles behind the text to help the text stand out and to also give a good base to make the text more visible. I also think it makes the overall presentation a lot more professional.

What I have done, using title designer, is to add a number of layered images (essentially white columns) of differing transparencies to make a funky looking backdrop to the text. I then added the text on the top of this.

The finished effect looks great however I can only find a way for these images to enter and exit the clip via a fade. In the same title designer, if I select some text it gives me the options of adding entry and exit effects like slide and suchlike. What I'd really like to be able to do is have each column slide into position from the top and bottom however in the title designer, I can't seem to do this.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can animate these columns? I gather I could add each column to a new track and animate it form there however as there are about 20 images this would become very messy and difficult to reproduce. I'd ideally like to define a style and then drag this style into the timeline any time I want ot use it.

Suggestions?

Lee
I think I've foudn what I was looking for. If i used the method suggested here the multitrim button didnt remove the part of my clip that was not needed.

For example, I dont want to actually cut a clip into more sections but simply not use a the start, end or both. In the pop out trimmer you can select a start and end point from the clip. The multitrim doesnt seem to do that.

If you select both the audio and video track, right click and select "Link Video and Audio" then it seems to make the tracks act as one which is what I want to do.

I have to say my preference would be for this behaviour to be by default with the option of unlinking the audio track should I want to.
But The audio doesn't get trimmed as well as the video when using that.

If there's no way to use it effectively then I'll re-train myself to use the method you suggested.
Thanks for the reply. Does that mean the pop-up clip trimmer is essentially redundant in PD10? What use does this feature serve if it doesn't alter the audio as well

That's how I've been editing my clips in PD for years so ideally I'd like to keep the same procedure that's so familiar to me.
Thanks for the reply.

That would work fine for rough clips however there are times when I need to be almost frame perfect so in PD 8 I would normally right click the clip and select trim which opens up the pop-up trimmer and allows you to drill right down to the frame view.

Is there a way to do this for both audio and video as one in PD10?
Hello All,

Trying out the demo of PD10 but i can't find out how to trim a clip and get the audio to be trimmed as well. When I try to do a trim it trims the video but the audio track remains the same. As a consiquence, the entire audio of the timeline gets out of sync

How can i get clips trimmed with both audio and video at the same time?

THanks
Hi,

Quick question, As the title suggests, whats the difference?

I cant seem to see any difference when i switch modes. (I assume this is enabled on the trial?)

Any help apreciated.
Indeed I have. I run active scans which scan every file I use. Generally a virus will not attack specific software as it tends to exploit holes in operating systems.

I did fix this issue a moment ago by re-applying the latest patch which has doen the trick.
Thanks for the reply. I did think about doing this however won't it look slightly odd, like it was stuttering, because it will end up with a low framerate?

I was thinking about using it to music as well although instead of it making a change every beat, i wanted every 2 or 3 beats. I gather this can't be done.

Regards
HI guys,

I'm playing with slideshows but I cant for the life of me figure out (when using the magic wizard) how to extend the time a picture is shown for. Without any music it changes every second but i need this to be about 3 seconds.

I dont want to make my own as it were as I think the wizard can produce some great looking results however it goes so fast you cant really see any of the pictures.

Any ideas?
HI Guys,

Im using the latest version of PD8 and its been a few months since i used it however I have started a new project and whenever i try and use things like colour ballance or brightness, the preview window doesnt update until i click off the clip to another one and then back again. I'm running 3GHZ QUAD CORE WITH 4GB of RAM with Windows 7 x64.

I dont know whats happened recently in all honesty but nothing major has been added or removed software wise.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Any more ideas guys?
Thanks for the reply. I can see it on my monitor and when on my ps3 as well

I can't see it in the preview window, just on the final output but that's probably because the preview window doesn't give a full quality preview. It is only these clips which used the speed tool. The clip also has a lot of movement on as well. I have output just this clip in a new project and applied the effect with the same result.

Any ideas?
Guys,

On my demo generated video I used the speed powertool to speed a clip up on 2 occasions with different speeds.

At both points on the video the quality is very poor and pixelated (the problem is like when you see an MPEG movie is over compressed and you see a grid like distortion of the movie).

Is this just somethign we have to accept or is there a way arround this? I cant see how speed would affect the video as when playing the same clip at normal speed (outside PD 8 in the cameras native AVCHD) the video is perfectly fine.

Any input apreciated!
Thanks for the repely. So i guess there's no current fix for this, only a workaround?
Just done some testing and it doesnt happen with an AVCHD video. Any idea why this is? MY source video is AVCHD but I want to output to MPEG ideally.
Go to: