Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshows and how long a picture shows for.
Aeropars [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2010 15:33 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
HI guys,

I'm playing with slideshows but I cant for the life of me figure out (when using the magic wizard) how to extend the time a picture is shown for. Without any music it changes every second but i need this to be about 3 seconds.

I dont want to make my own as it were as I think the wizard can produce some great looking results however it goes so fast you cant really see any of the pictures.

Any ideas?
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
You could try this method:
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/25/dMqUCY2rjJA

I made this tutorial because there is no way to increase the duration of the pictures when creating the slideshow within PD. This was done using PD8 but the method is the same for PD9.

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Aeropars [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2010 15:33 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. I did think about doing this however won't it look slightly odd, like it was stuttering, because it will end up with a low framerate?

I was thinking about using it to music as well although instead of it making a change every beat, i wanted every 2 or 3 beats. I gather this can't be done.

Regards
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
The only way it could be done with precision is to manually create a slideshow by placing your images on the timeline yourself and adjusting the duration to match the beat of the music. But you can't apply one of the templates I am afraid. You could add the "Magic Motion" tools to add some visual interest. You could also predetermine and calculate a duration for each image you place on the timeline in advance. So for example, your music is 128 BPM. You want the slides to change every 8 beats. So that would be a duration of 3.75 seconds. You can then go into your preferences and change the default duration of your image in the editing menu and change the duration to that time. Then when you drag all your images to the timeline they will ALL have that setting . Then add your music and experiment with changing the duration to get it to your liking.

But the Slideshow templates that are in Power Director are what they are. Some of them allow you to adjust image placement within the show, but the duration of each image is not adjustable, they are predetermined in the template.

Regards,

Kevin
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. I did think about doing this however won't it look slightly odd, like it was stuttering, because it will end up with a low framerate?

The quality of the final produced slideshow is VERY dependant on what you selected as both as a video file type and the quality profile. If will be produced at the frame rate that you select. On my system, I use NTSC(30 frames per second). When I produce a video I use the same frame rate. So it should look the same only slower. But it may not be what you are looking for.

But if produced correctly it shouldn't be stuttering....is that what you are seeing?

Regards,

KEvin