Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just done some testing and it doesnt happen with an AVCHD video. Any idea why this is? MY source video is AVCHD but I want to output to MPEG ideally.
Hi Guys,

I'm on the last week of my trial (for the 3rd time after 2 formats!) and I have almost got everything sussed which will make me part with my hard earned cash.

After a render using the fix/enhance options (lighting adjustment and video denoise) I have a green bar at the bottom of the video. This green bar only shows where there has been some fix/enhance options set and goes away when the video switches to a clip which has not be altered using this method. It wasn't present on other trials where the version was older than the one I am running now (currently on 250.

A screenshot of the problem is attached.

I am encoding to HD Mpeg although I havent tried any other formats.

Can anyone tell me what is causing this? I'm anxious to get this fixed before I buy so I know that the product will do the job i want it to.

I'm running a 3ghz Pentiumwith 4gb RAM and an Nvidia Geforce 8800gt on Windows 7 Pro x64

Well, I downloaded and installed the latest tiral and the problem still exists. I used the same save file from last time (so i suppose the problem could be in there). I will have to remove and add a few clips in it to find out. Its really odd though because the problem only happens 40 minutes or so in. At the start its fine and well into the movie its fine as well.

Im all honesty, I doubt its the memory. When rendering i dont go over 2.5 gb. VMware on this machine will take the whole lot if I let it so I would expect PD to do the same if it needs it. After doing the 2gb file change it took more memory than it did initially. Either way, changing the memory is not an option. All slots are taken and I cant really afford to get more at this time.

MY system is quite old. Its not an I7 or anything its a Q6600 @ 3ghz if i rember rightly.

Really frustrating as I spent a week solid on this project and if it worked correctly i was going to buy the product. As it stands i'm downscaling all HD to normal DVD quality If i can get this working as it should on this one production i'll happily buy the product and be a convert!

I'm a it confused in ahll honesty. Some people say my spec is not good enough for editing while others say it is fine.

The way I see it is that my spec is ample however it might take longer to process.

Anyone have any thoughts on the quirk I experienced with the audio/video out of sync towards the end of a project?
Thanks for the reply. I dont have any more ram because of the memory configuration of 4 x 1 gb chips.

THe physical memory does not go over 2.4 gb while rendering so adding more pysical memory is immaterial.
Hi Guys,

A while back i demo'ed PD 8 and came across problems when trying to author AVCHD files for playback on a Bluray player.

I had a well documented problem on this forum and I attempted to fix the issues in the same way another user did with sony vegas. While this made the problem get better it did have some other side effects (i.e. audio/video sync issues after 40 minutes in. This is also visable during the edit when you play back the timeline.)

I was wondering if there has been any developments in making AVCHD easier to author without problem in the latest version?

I have a 3ghz quad core with 4gb ram, windows 7 x64 OS and a geforce 8800 GPU

Cheers

P.S. My previous thread was here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9666.page
HI Tony,

I'll post a screenshot when im at the computer.

How could pre-production help? I did render this clip to a HD mpeg and the problem was still aparent. Or are you talking convertin all AVCHD to another format?
Hiya!

As you can imagine I have a multitude of transitions, text and sounds all through the timeline. None are effected until after 40 minutes. I moved the clip which it is most obvious on, all around the timeline and its the same on all times over 40 minutes. Its only when below does it actually correct itself.

I havent done this yet but im going to add a load of clips with a default transition and see what happens .

Any ideas?

So frustrating knowing im so close to perfection!
Hello again guys!

I've come across an odd problem

Audio is in sync right until i get to 40 minutes then it goes off so that audio is slightly ahead and there is then obvious lip sync issues.

Whats odd is that If i select the clip from the inventory it plays fine. If i select the clip from the timeline is is then out of sync (when using preview clip and movie options)

Im using AVCHD footage

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Regards

Lee
Thats a shame.

Does anyone have any thoughts on custom settings to produce a 720p video? I tried one but the quality wasnt as good asI would have hoped.

LEe
Hi Guys,

Nearing the end of my trial period and I've created a pretty large AVCHD based project. If I output this using the 'produce' tab i don't have a 720p resolution setting so I created one manually to reduce file size (i also reduced the average bitrate to 10000).

My target is to get AVCHD disks burnt onto DVD for use in a PS3 and other blueray players.

My project is 45 mins long and weighs in about 6gb according to the estimated encoder size. With my custom AVCHD profile it shows 3.3gb which is good enough for what I want.

If I use the create disk part of the software, i select AVCHD but no custom profiles show here. Is this a limitation or is there another way around it?

Cheers
I'm unsure at the moment really. I have closed the project down and reopend a couple of times and its been fine. I have saved things fine beforehand so i'm not fully sure the problems is resolved but i'll do some more testing and let you know.
Hi Guys,

Nothing has moved or changed apart from me closing the app and reopening the project.

I did read something about the shadow files could be to blame so I disabled them and deleted the file.

As a sidenoe, I find it completley horrible that Pd stores these files in a hidden folder deep within the appdata folder. I hope this is being addressed by CL as it could be very problematic for users who dont know what they are looking for. The files for this one project equated to 7gb!
HI Guys,

I've searched around but cannot find the answer whether this is a feature of the demo.

I've created a 20 minute video yesterdya but upon opening today some of the clips have been replaced with a black colourboard.

Can anyone tell me why this is? Is it a demo quirk or is this going ot be thecase with the full version.

Any help apreciated.
One other observation now is that the clip on its own renders perfectly with the same settings. I've made some changes to my antivirus software to see if this helps as it could have cause the problem.
Thanks for the replies guys.

I apreciate it would be putting my system under load (which is a 3ghz quad core Intel, 4gb memory and a Nvidia geforce 8800GT) however I dont understand why that would make a difference (BTW the preview shows the enhancement with no problem although i know its a smaller res)

My understanding of the algorithm of video processing is that train on a system should not cause errors but it would increase the render time. After all, we're not asking it to perform the functions in real time so it should take all the time it needs to complete the task. Thats an assumption based on general PC applications (I work in IT so know my fair share of 'stuff') and Im referring this comment mainly to the enhancement option, not the stabilisation.

I didnt have time to check but i'll have to see the results of some other clips i set enhancement onto but i get the feeling that some of the clips were OK, others were not.

Hope all that makes sense.
Thanks for the reply.

The clips which is having stabilisation used on is not a long one at all. Perhaps a 40 second clip of which I have clipped to 20 seconds. #

I 'think' I know what your saying regarding the stabilisation which i suppose makes sence. Am I right then in assuming that the stabilistaion will only produce good results on footage which doesnt have any or veryy little panning involved? Unfortunatly a tripod is not always feasable. I hope this can just take the edge of some of the more wobbly clips.

Thats one of the problems covered but I'm at a loss tot he sturrering and choppyness of the clip where only video enhance is used.

As for the assessment, I've already splashed otu on VideoStudio and have had problems (and very little support) so this time i'm going to make fully sure that the product which i give my cash to really can deliver on what i want and expect it to do. Agreed that this forum does seem to have a lot more going for it compared to the Corel forums however if its a software problem, only CyberLink can be the saving grace.

Lee
Upon investigation, i may be having 2 problems.

Stabilisation - When enabled i get blurry/ghosted video. I have a beach scene which pans left to right and you get the ghosting or blurr (where you can see the flickering between frames)

Video enhance - If this is ticked I get stuttering and unpredictable behaviour when doing a mass edit. I have used this on small clips with sucess but not sure why it fails during a mass production.

Any ideas? I'm using the demo version at the moment while I figure out if its worht the investment.
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing some issue when using the stabiliser which produces stuttering and shakey output. Other clips not using this are fine. The preview looks fine but the produced video is not.

I'm encoding avchd from AVchd clips form a panasonic SD9.

Anyone have any thoughs?
How do you download that file?

Which instructions are you referring to? I don't think you mean mine as I havent changed the second file you mentioned.
I have just remoted in to my home Pc and checked its progress.

Its rendered to 1 hour and 30 seconds with no problem and still going strong. The project is about 1 hour 15 so hasnt finished yet.

I deliberatly set a lot of fix and enhance stuff (extream backlight, enhance video, stabilise ect) on 25% of the files i used on this project and put lots of Pip and particle effects in as well. Only thing i haven't done is text and music because i ran out of time. but generally theres a lot more stuff going on that what I would normally put in any project (im not an advanced video editor)

Before buying i would recommend trying this on the demo to be sure it works for your system, especially if your runing 32 bit.
Go to: