Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pixilation in HD when using speed powertool
Aeropars [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2010 15:33 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
Guys,

On my demo generated video I used the speed powertool to speed a clip up on 2 occasions with different speeds.

At both points on the video the quality is very poor and pixelated (the problem is like when you see an MPEG movie is over compressed and you see a grid like distortion of the movie).

Is this just somethign we have to accept or is there a way arround this? I cant see how speed would affect the video as when playing the same clip at normal speed (outside PD 8 in the cameras native AVCHD) the video is perfectly fine.

Any input apreciated!
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Do you observe this in the preview window or in the produced video? What kind of video camera do you have? Maybe someone else on this forum uses the same or similar camera and could test this.

If the problem is in preview check to make sure the quality is set to high.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2010 16:37

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Try the video in different media players to make sure it is in the video and not just playback. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Aeropars [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. I can see it on my monitor and when on my ps3 as well

I can't see it in the preview window, just on the final output but that's probably because the preview window doesn't give a full quality preview. It is only these clips which used the speed tool. The clip also has a lot of movement on as well. I have output just this clip in a new project and applied the effect with the same result.

Any ideas?
Aeropars [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any more ideas guys?
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lee, Just an idea

In your preferences settings:

Director Chair Icon...select EDIT...select PREFERENCES...select the PRODUCE tab....

Do you have the "Reduce video blocky artifacts (Intel SSE4 optimized) box selected?

Since your video clip has alot of movement in it the (Intel SSE4 ) algorithim is designed to improve the quality and reduce artifacts that can result.
Motion estimation is one of the main bottlenecks in video encoders. It involves searching reference frames for best matches and often accounts for about 40% of the total CPU cycles consumed by an encoder

Give it a shot...you don't have much to lose to see if it improves the quality.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.