Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Please tell me if it would be beneficial simply to unplug from the router when using PD5. Thanks,
Enrico
Hi Debra,
Take heart. I have 4 G of memory in my computer and, even though I have MS Office and a couple of other programs running on it, the computer is very clean and my movies are about the size of yours. At this point I am unwilling to commit more money to Cyberlink, unless tech support comes back with something useful. I spoke with Ulead and their technical department. They assured me that their program is rock solid and on top of it they have phone support. So after this movie I may switch.
Thank you all for the helpful hints.
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Unless tech supports comes with a real solution, which I doubt, I'll take up your advice and upgrade to PD6. One question. Did PD6 pick up the project saved under PD5?
Hi Debra,
I am still struggling with PD5 and, from what you say, I am very hesitant to invest more money and time in PD6. My program predictably crashes while trimming clips, especially when using the markers. Everything else seems to be working more or less correctly. However, when trimming, I lose lot's of work because I have to reboot the computer. Did you get any useful response from technical support? Because I sure didn't. Thanks,

Enrico
Frankly, I did not know there was an auto save option. Please tell me how tu turn it own because I could not find a reference in the index or by using the search in help.

Enrico
I have been using PD5 for amore than a year and have had the same problem eversince I purchased the program. It stops responding when trimming clips, especially after the first 15 minutes of run time. I have done absolutely everything Cybrlink told me to do, additionally I have reinstalled the system. Do you have a solution?
In my case it was when trimming a clip that PD5 stop responding. I formatted the drive, reinstalled WindowsXP and OfficeXP then all other programs including DP5 and so far I experienced no crashes. Can't suggest you do the same because it is a real pain.
I have installed, uninstalled and again re-installed PD5 eight times. I formatted my video works hard drive, re-imported clips from the camera's hard drive to make sure they were not corrupted. Re-edited from the beginning about 45 minutes of project (two hours worth of raw video). While trimming clips the program stops responding and closes. To make some progress I have to save the project after each action I take on each clip. If I get a little complacent, I lose the work. love the simplicity and intuitiveness of the program but I am very frustrated about the crashes and the fear of the crashes prevents creativity.

Technical support reviewed my clips, my diagnostic file found nothing wrong with my system. I cleaned the registry which makes the program run faster, but it still crashes. Before buyng my hard drive camera I used a miniDV camera which produced AVI files. I used Canopus Let's Edit for three years without a single crash. However I cannot use this program for MPEG2 editing without losing resoluiton. On top of it Canopus offers unlimited free phone technical support.

Technical support suggeted downloading the newest version, which I did. To my dismay the navigation cursor at the bottom of the timeline disappears behing the taskbar and cannot be used. Technical support asked me to reinstall. The problem remains (no cursor). On top of all this the newest version still crashes.

So again I reinstalled to CD version and try to manage some work between crashes. Not a nice way to have good time.

Anybody with a suggestion besides trashing PD5 ?
Hi Kendra,

Do you have any other video editing software installed. If you do not plan to use them, try uninstall them and reinstall PD 5 again.

Regards,
Enrico
I do not know how to see your PM
I have had the same problem since I purchased the program. After capturing from my DV camcorder and importing mpeg2 files into the timeline without problems I started to edit by trimming clips and adding transitions and music. That's when the problems began. The progam would stop responding or just shut down unexpectedly. It got so bad that I had to save the project for every change I made not to lose my work. I have been in touch with Ciberlink, updated the BIOS and drivers, installed and reinstalled the program eight times. I am working with 4 GB of 400 DDR memory and a 2.4 Ghz HT processor. Yesterday I tested my memory modules one by one and found that two of them failed the test. I am hving the memory replaced by Kingston. However, in the meantime I worked with the two remaining good modules (2 GB) hoping that this would solve the problem. It did not. The program still stops responding. PLEASE HELP!
Go to: