Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crash, crash and again crash.
verdolin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2006 16:02 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I have installed, uninstalled and again re-installed PD5 eight times. I formatted my video works hard drive, re-imported clips from the camera's hard drive to make sure they were not corrupted. Re-edited from the beginning about 45 minutes of project (two hours worth of raw video). While trimming clips the program stops responding and closes. To make some progress I have to save the project after each action I take on each clip. If I get a little complacent, I lose the work. love the simplicity and intuitiveness of the program but I am very frustrated about the crashes and the fear of the crashes prevents creativity.

Technical support reviewed my clips, my diagnostic file found nothing wrong with my system. I cleaned the registry which makes the program run faster, but it still crashes. Before buyng my hard drive camera I used a miniDV camera which produced AVI files. I used Canopus Let's Edit for three years without a single crash. However I cannot use this program for MPEG2 editing without losing resoluiton. On top of it Canopus offers unlimited free phone technical support.

Technical support suggeted downloading the newest version, which I did. To my dismay the navigation cursor at the bottom of the timeline disappears behing the taskbar and cannot be used. Technical support asked me to reinstall. The problem remains (no cursor). On top of all this the newest version still crashes.

So again I reinstalled to CD version and try to manage some work between crashes. Not a nice way to have good time.

Anybody with a suggestion besides trashing PD5 ? Enrico
Daniele [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2006 03:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Practically I have almost the same problem of crash.
I capture the video from the television cameras as soon as I add the captured clip, the system is closed!!!. also I have disinstallato and reinstallato a million times but nothing. I have sent an e-mail to the assistance but still anybody answer.ES. with the version 3 I don't have this problem. but we will see.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I'm concerned with the problems you've posted here Verdolin and I have contacted CyberLink to look into the matter (I did that yesterday).

Dafydd
Les Hamilton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2006 09:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I had similar experiences - PD5 continually crashed when modifying the titles etc. No amount of un/re-installing helped.

What did finally solve the problem, though a drastic measure, was to reformat my hard drive, reinstall Windows XP then install PD5.

It now works perfectly.

I can only assume that there was conflict between some redundant drivers or such.

Les