Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New and confuses
Kendra [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2006 12:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I bought the download of Power Director 5 but I get it to install. It gets to the "Installing CyberLink Power Director, please wait." screen and nothing happens. I let it go an hour. Then I have to go to the window task manager to "end the program." then I get the message "The remote procedure call failed."

I followed the installation to the letter, now I feel like I'm out $89.99. I'm new to this stuff so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Kendra
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kendra,

Don't worry this is a fixable problem... it's basically to do with "unpacking" the software download.

Contact Tech Support, http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html
tell them
1. what you've done and the message on the screen... as well as
2. the time you left the file active.
3. Please state clearly if you were connected to the internet when you were trying to install the software.

You'll notice I used the numerical listing format - do the same when describing your actions (1,2,3,etc)

I'm not going to "second guess" the reason why it's happened. Remember to post when everything has been sorted.... let me know as well.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2006 11:32

Kendra [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2006 12:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd

Thanks, you were right. I'm all set for now.
verdolin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2006 16:02 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kendra,

Do you have any other video editing software installed. If you do not plan to use them, try uninstall them and reinstall PD 5 again.

Regards,
Enrico Enrico