Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Also, are you using a "cross" transition or an "overlap" transition?

And does the "studder" occur during editing/preview as well as in your output file?
Matty,

Try "producing" your file as an MPEG-2 (HQ) FIRST...

Then use a separate burning software program to burn/encode this MPEG-2 to a DVD
This has happened to me, too, when I imported a PD8 file into PD9.

You MAY have to right-click on the audio (or video) file(s) in the timeline, UNLINK them, then slide the audio files so they match up with the video, and then LINK the audio and video file(s) back together! A pain, but that should get you back on the right track!
Are you producing, then creating a disk in two separate steps? (I recommend trying that!)

Also, what format are you selecting to produce your project as?

I would suggest you produce your final project first, then use a DIFFERENT program to burn to DVD!
I'm happy to report I was able to output a successful project!

This may help others...

I PRODUCED my FINISHED product INSTEAD of CREATING A DISK...I produced the file as an mpeg-2, then burned it as a "DVD" using Toast on my Mac (I don't have burning software on my PC), and the finished product was free of hiccups, stutters, garbled images, etc.

So give producing your project and burning separately a try!
tkeeg,

I have experienced the exact same problem, on a system that is VERY underpowered compared to yours!

Updating to the latest video drivers helped a little.

Have you tried using Overlap (as opposed to Cross) Transitions in your project? This is what I am going to experiment with next!
Hieelind, thanks for that link!

Now if THAT user is having problems with THEIR system, then methinks the problem must lie in the software. My footage was shot on a SD JVC camcorder (that annoyingly outputs only in .MOV format, hence me using PD).

Like tkeeg stated, the "hiccup/stutter" has disappeared on the majority of transitions, but "weird stuff" still happens at certain transitions.

And, Bubba, I did some quick online comparisons of Vista vs. 7, might be upgrading soon!
Thanks, Bubba! The HP Pavilion series looked great, but I am VERY disappointed with this (and all) HP products and will never buy HP again! The whole overheating video card fiasco (which my model JUST missed the cut for the lawsuit) really soured me on them!

Anyhoo, I updated my NVIDIA drivers to the latest version (275.33) last night, and "Created a Disc" (burned to folder), I checked the output file, and it seemed like the transition stutter went away...well, it was at least way less noticeable...it did hiccup/get garbled in a few places, but not nearly as bad as before, so there's hope! I am going to retry the project using the "Overlap Transitions" tonight and see if that irmproves the finished video even more.

I have PowerDirector 9 installed on my C: drive, and all my source footage and output files are on the E: drive...I was gonna get a bigger C: drive, too, but didn't wanna sink anymore money into what is soon to become a brick! Same reason why I haven't "maxed out" the RAM at 4GB!

I haven't played with Win7 yet, is it that much more improved than Vista? I was a big fan of XP, in fact, I have stripped most of Vista down to run/look like XP. What about Win7 does PD like that it doesn't like about Vista?

Thanks for the feedback!

(Oh yeah, still using build 2702, I'm a little leery of updating yet, maybe once I get this video finished I'll give it a go!)
Thanks, Fred! I will definitely give those a go!

Can you provide some clarity, does CUDA affect ALL output formats, or just some? My main intention for PD9 is to output wedding videos shot from a JVC camcorder, so DVD (MPEG-2) is my preferred final format!

I will optimize my system first, install the latest drivers, do some trial-and-error, and post the results when I'm finished!

Thanks again!
Hello,

Is there a way to compare the performance of NVIDIA CUDA being enabled versus disabled?

How would I run this test and where would I find the results?

Thanks!
Okay, finally read thru all 132 pages of this forum (shoulda done that first!)

Seems the transition freeze/stutter is a common problem!

I have saved another version of my project.

I will try the "Overlap" transition on the 2nd version and compare the results.

I will also try to turn "Hardware acceleration" ON and compare the results as well.

Thanks!
Sorry, I see that this issue has been posted previously in the forum:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17975.page

I recently tried "producing" to a folder first, the produced file still freezes between transitions, but not as often...
I am defragging my hard drive(s) now, will try again and post results!
Greetings, all!

I just finished burning my first PD9 project, and I am having a problem with the video. A few seconds after a transition takes place, the video will freeze for a second or two, and then resume. This happens after every transition, and ONLY after a transition!

I suspect maybe I have insufficient memory, and my anti-virus was running in the background, I will try upping the memory and disabling the anti-virus, but has anyone else experience this problem?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

PowerDirector Ultra64 9.0.0.2702
Go to: