Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Synchronising Sound
Edsaid2u [Avatar]
Newbie Location: U.K. Joined: Jul 16, 2011 13:34 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a newewcomer to Power Director 9 and I'm stuck already!

I have made a DVD recording off the t.v. and want to cut out all the ads, etc. That bit is easy enough. However, having done it, the sound is now about 2 seconds ahead of the video. Can anyone help with this?

TIA for any input.

Ed

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2011 17:12

You learn nothing while you're doing the talking.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
An easier way to do that is just to lower the volume to zero at those points. No cuts and everything is still in sync...

The general idea can be seen here:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16931.page

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 17. 2011 11:26

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Edsaid2u [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Bubba. I've downloaded the advice but I'll have to wait until the morning to get to it.

Meanwhile, I think I may have been misundertood. All the ads, with their accompanying sound tracks, have been cut out. Leaving just the show. But the sound is out of sync by about 2 seconds right through the video. I need to cut the sound track out and put it forward to play about 2 seconds earlier. Or moving the video back by 2 seconds.

I'll be back in the morning....

Ed You learn nothing while you're doing the talking.
[Post New]
This has happened to me, too, when I imported a PD8 file into PD9.

You MAY have to right-click on the audio (or video) file(s) in the timeline, UNLINK them, then slide the audio files so they match up with the video, and then LINK the audio and video file(s) back together! A pain, but that should get you back on the right track!
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, what soldent99 said is another good way. You actually un attach the audio from the video and then you can put it anywhere. __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Edsaid2u [Avatar]
[Post New]
Soldent99, thanks a million. Great info from a 'Newbie'! Worked a treat. Separated the two and deleted 2.3 seconds of the video. The end is only applause so the missing two seconds is not noticed. With Bubba's earlier input, that's two things I've learned. Great forum... Looks like I'll be back.

Ed

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17. 2011 03:56

You learn nothing while you're doing the talking.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Another thing you may try the next time.

In preferences, on the Editing tab, check Link all tracks....

That option will insure that any edits done in track 1 will carry to the other tracks in the timeline.

If you need to move one track by itself, you must uncheck that option.

You can sync sound by unlinking from the video and moving the sound track right or left. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Edsaid2u [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Carl. I'll make a note of that. I have discovered you can edit the audio and video separately using the little padlock at the end of the timeline. I think this also allows you to lock other tracks while editing (cutting) a single track. It's a brilliant programme. You learn nothing while you're doing the talking.