Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Distrubance at transition points of edited AVCHD 1920x1080 24Mbps video - Can't find cause!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
You talked about youtube slowing down your video.....are you shooting interlaced video?

I had a problem a couple of years ago with youtube doing the same thing and it was only happening when uploading interlaced video.

There was also a problem I think with PD7 that if you wanted to produce 1920X1080 you could only produce interlaced video, there was no option for progressive.

Just do a check with "mediainfo" a free program that gives you all the information you need about what you video is made of. Many of the editors here use it. There is a 32 bit and 64 bit version.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Also the latest Nvidia drivers released in January have a bug that produces artefacts when using "hardware acceleration" option in the produce window. Turn that option off and they produce fine. The previous drivers 260.99 do not have the problem. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Hi Twincitybulldog,
As I mentioned, since installing the updated graphics card driver today, the disturbances at the cross transitions of video scenes seems to have been eliminated, however when the fade transition, (going from black into the video), plays, there is still the disturbance/pixilation in the rendered video for a second or so. For me, it is clearly visible in the first second or two of the posted video when (viewing in full screen mode).
If I have to, I guess that I can live with it only occurring on the fade from black transition, but it still should not be happening. Anyway, thanks for your time & input.

@Robert2 S,
Yes, I shoot AVCHD 1920x1080 60i at 24Mbps. I have never had a video I uploaded to YouTube do what I spoke of earlier, but then again, I never tried to upload a video rendered in AVCDH 1920x1080 at 24Mbps either. That is a format & bit rate that I don't think YouTube can handle just yet which is why it would not play properly there and I deleted it. I have uploaded 1920x1080 videos in other formats to YouTube that played properly, but those other formats are not causing my current problem with DP9.
Thanks for the info on the 260.99 driver, maybe I'll give that a try when I get some time.

Best Regards,
Tom
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Just to mention I am monitoring this thread and watching out for anyone who can replicate/confirm the issue.

tkeeg, If you have an opportunity it would be worth providing a 10 second unedited sample clip - state the camera source please (Canon Vixia HF S100 HD). Attach the file to a post. Members who download it can test out the issue on their systems.

Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2011 06:29

[Post New]
Dafydd,
Thanks for the suggestion. Being new here I didn't realize that you could upload video clips on this forum.
I have uploaded about 12 seconds of raw footage shot with the Canon Vixia HF S100 HD camcorder with the camera having been set set to record at AVCDH 1920x1080 60i file at 24Mbps.
The second upload is the exact same clip, but processed through the PD9, rendered using the SVRT - Fast Video Rendering Technology, to a AVCHD 1920x1080 24Mbps file , using the latest version build. Only this time I added a fade from black at the beginning and a fade to black at the end. As you can see there is a disturbance at the opening of the video, but no disturbance at the end, however the audio level mysteriously jumps up for a second at the very end of the clip which does not happen on the untouched original clip.
Tkeeg
 Filename
TEST VID CLIP.m2ts
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37068 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
291 time(s)
 Filename
Test Movie-1.m2ts
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35959 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
281 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tom,
I downloaded both files last night - but didn't have time until now to test.

I can clearly see the "noise" at the point of change in your Test Movie-1.m2ts file.

I placed the "original" TEST VID CLIP.m2ts into PD9
Added a Fade at the beginning
Selected Produce
Selected H264 AVC
Selected the 24mbps 1980x1080 profile
Change the output folder
SVRT option kicked in, rendered the transition and skipped through the rest.
Created the attached m2ts file.

Playing the file - nothing wrong showed - sorry.

Dafydd
 Filename
Produce.m2ts
[Disk]
 Description
Test - added standard fade and rendered to 24mbps template
 Filesize
36586 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
281 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello Dafydd,

I glad that you were able to download my test clip so that you could actually see what I've been talking about. Also, thanks for testing the sample video clip on your system. Based on your test results I have to assume that the problem lies with something in my computer system, possibly with the software of the graphics card.

Thanks again for your help!

Tom
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
PD9 can get confused with transitions. Don't write your PC off just yet. I've run comparison tests between PD8 and PD9 on identical HD clips and PD9 frequently generates unwanted artifacts in the video. Try turning ALL hardware acceleration OFF to see how it does. SVRT and hardware Acceleration can cause issues. Win 10, i7
[Post New]
Hi HDedit,

Thanks for your response, but I have tried using every combination of rendering with & without SVRT, the Fast Video Rendering Technology, with & without the Hardware Acceleration boxes checked and everything else that I can think of, and still this disturbance remains when fading into the video from black when editing from and to, AVCHD 1920x1080 24Mbps video.
I've tried two versions of drivers for my Nvidia GeForce GT-420 graphics card so far, the version that came out on 7-11-10 and the newest version that came out on 1-18-11 and I have the same problem with both of them. If I can find a download of another driver either between those two versions or before the earlier version, I'll give that a try and see if that helps.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
OK. I've seen this as well. I have used one of the following two workarounds with some success :

- using trim tool trim a frame or two off the beginning of the clip that has the artifacts
- switch from AVCHD 1920x1080 (24Mbp) to AVCHD 1920x1080 (15Mbp) = default in PD9

Also: in case you did not notice, after one selects the folder and file name in the produce window, PD9 reverts back to defaulting to either SVRT or Hardware acceleration, REGARDLESS of the selection in the preferences window.
Win 10, i7
[Post New]
Thanks, I'll try using the trim tool to take off a few frames of the clip.
In regard to to using 15Mbps, I am aware of that as I don't have the problem unless I am using 24Mbps. I also am aware that PD9 reverts back to defaulting to either SVRT or Hardware acceleration, regardless of the selection in the preferences window.
Thanks again.
[Post New]
tkeeg,

I have experienced the exact same problem, on a system that is VERY underpowered compared to yours!

Updating to the latest video drivers helped a little.

Have you tried using Overlap (as opposed to Cross) Transitions in your project? This is what I am going to experiment with next!