Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning hangs at 97%
MattyC33c [Avatar]
Newbie Location: NA Joined: Jul 12, 2011 00:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have a rather large project that I am trying to burn to files (actually, I attempted to burn to DVD but though burning to a file might be the fix). The burn process just stops at 97%. Program doesn't crash, it just stops running (CPU usage also drops to zero). This project burned correctly at one point. I also tried burning a test video and it also burned correctly.

Basic info:

1. Using PD 9.0.0.2701
2. Windows 7
3. Recent install

Direct X Diagnostics are attached.

Since the last successful burn, I split out the audio, exported, cleaned it up, and re-imported as MP3. I've also done some work with the titles.

Filename
MattyCDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
307 time(s)
 Filename
MattyCDxDiag64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
258 time(s)
MC
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
How big is the project, total time?
What DVD profile are you using, DVD HQ?
You say burn to a file, I assume you mean burn to a folder vs producing to a file?

I suspect your project is too large for the media you have selected.

Jeff
MattyC33c [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: How big is the project, total time?
What DVD profile are you using, DVD HQ?
You say burn to a file, I assume you mean burn to a folder vs producing to a file?

I suspect your project is too large for the media you have selected.

Jeff

Total time is just about two hours (like 2:00:11). According to PD, it's 7.79 GB. I've tried burning to a HD disk (which should hold 8.5 G) and a folder (you are correct that I meant folder and not file). I was using DVD Smart Fit, but tried it in HQ and got the same result. If PD has the total space well below the media size, how can it be too big? MC
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi MattyC33c ,
Please update PD9 by applying the latest patch 2930.
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_GB.html

Please do a test "Burn to folder" of your project and see what the size of the finished project will be.

MattyC33c [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi MattyC33c ,
Please update PD9 by applying the latest patch 2930.
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_GB.html

Please do a test "Burn to folder" of your project and see what the size of the finished project will be.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. Any other thoughts? MC
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi MattyC33c ,
Thank you for the reply.

Please can you attach:
1. A screenshot of the Edit Workspace - I want to see every detail of your project and what you're looking at.
2. I'd like you to attach a video sample file of around 5 seconds length, unedited - of the footage you've imported into PD9 to edit and process please. If you're using multiple source material, I'd like to know what that is please and have samples.
3. I'm assuming you have applied 2930 - please supply a screenshot of the about popup.

I'm looking for a cause for the 97% failure. this can be content led and may be related to audio as well as video cause. the screenshots are important so please make sure they are clear and show as much as possible.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Matty,

Try "producing" your file as an MPEG-2 (HQ) FIRST...

Then use a separate burning software program to burn/encode this MPEG-2 to a DVD