Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
TRANSITION "studder"
[Post New]
I have a video and 10 photos.
I have put a TRANSITION between the video and each photo.
It hangs up briefly and jumps into the first photo.
Goes TRANSITIONs all the other photo's fine.
I've removed the TRANSITION an saved, shut PowerDirector down, opened it back up and added a different TRANSITION and it still "studders" at the first one.
No "studder" if no TRANSITION.

ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
Produce your project and see if it effects it. Because it might just happen in preview.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
What type of graphics card do you have? I also suggest that you produce the video and play it outside of PD to see if it still happens. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
Also, are you using a "cross" transition or an "overlap" transition?

And does the "studder" occur during editing/preview as well as in your output file?
[Post New]
OK OLD HIPPIE;
After 35 posts...it is time for us to ask you for a DXDIAG file, please!

BTW:
Google without quotes: "powerdirector crash"
About 2,350,000 results

Searching without quotes gets all posts containing Powerdirector AND/OR crash...like the band, like all good powerdirector stuff, etc. With Quotes yields only 333 results and Powerdirector 9 is not on top of the list. Just an FYI.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 18. 2011 14:45

[Post New]
Quote: And does the "studder" occur during editing/preview as well as in your output file?

Yes, in Create Disc\Preview it's still there.
Well, for the price of PowerDirector I would assume that when you "PREVIEW" something it's in WYSIWYG mode "What You See Is What You Get". I don't have any spare blank DVD's to BETA test PowerDirector.
[Post New]
Old Hippie;
Although opinions vary...some would say we are ALL beta testing software whenever we use it!!

The preview is not true WYSIWYG, different systems respond in various ways to the granular settings available for the preview window.

I am sure you (as we all do) have quite enough "coasters" from failed burns. What we are trying to do is prevent your need to do that.

We need a DXDIAG file to "see" your machine environment. There are instructions for creating and attaching one, all over the forum, but just let me know and I can re-type them if needed.

[Post New]
Quote: OK OLD HIPPIE;After 35 posts...it is time for us to ask you for a DXDIAG file, please!

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDIAG
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
391 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2011 10:05

[Post New]
You have a minimal system that will have some issues with PD9. Using the embedded video chipset for PD9 will cause the "studder" you speak of in preview. ATI updated drivers for this chip are not fully Windows 7 or HD video (if you are doing that) compatible.

I recommend the Maximum 3GIG memory and an add-in video card (not sure what the wattage of your PSU is) using the PCI xpress 16 slot, if you intend on continuing the use of this system for PD9. If this is a laptop, then the video card change is NOT POSSIBLE.

Without this (and even then possibly), your legacy system will struggle with the software

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 21. 2011 10:35

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Looking at your Dxdiag file your computer doesn't have enough memory to run Powerdirector 9 you only have 2 gb memory! Video editing is memory and CPU intense.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!