Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No one uses the mobile app?
Hello,

I've installed both the PD 11 Ultra and Mobile version on my Surface Pro. I have a number of video files (AVI, MP4, etc.) in the public videos folder. When I load PD Mobile, it finds all of the videos, however, it doesn't show the thumbnail and there's a strike through on the tile. If I attempt to select the video and click next, I get the following error:

"PowerDirector Mobile for Ultra/Ultimate cannot import some of your clips because they have unsupported codecs or formats".

Problem is, the Windows 8 Metro Video app displays/plays these videos just fine. In addition, if I open the full version of PD11 (on the same machine), the videos can be imported and play just fine. They all play in VLC and MPC just fine as well - so I'm thinking this isn't a problem with the video. Finally, I installed K-Like Codec Pack "Basic" to see if that would help - no dice.

Anyone else experiencing this problem or have nay insight on how to resolve?
Sorry if this is a dumb question and I'm at work right now so I'm not in front of PD9... The transition in question is "Fade" - is that an "overlap" version and where does it state which kind it is?

Is there a workaround - didn't have this issue in PD8.
BUMP

Can anyone confirm this is a bug I need to report or a known issue? If the latter, how do I get around it?
If you place 2 clips on the timeline and add any transition between the two - I can no longer drag the beginning of the 2nd clip. If you remove the transition, the double arrows return.

Is this a known bug or am I missing so new way to trim the beginning of clips with transition?
Hey All,

A few months ago I saw references to a PD9 beta which made me think a new version is on its way. Since PD8 came out in August of last year, I was wondering if PD9 was coming out soon (an exact date isn't necessary). More importantly, has anyone heard what major features will be included, e.g., 64bit, 3D, etc?

Thanks
I have 20+ videos I want to convert. It seems the default file format is Mpeg2. Can I change this to something else so I don't have to update 20+ file individually?
"Aren't online forums great??"

Installed latest version of Divx and it imports and plays correctly.

Thanks
Interesting. The update on the site is the original 2220 - not "c". How did you get "c"?
I have an MP4 video file that plays just fine in VLC Player - but will not import into PD8 Deluxe - Build 8.00.1930. Error message displayed is "An error occurred when opening this media file in the Media Library".

Before I waste a lot of time upgrading my system, can anyone else get the attached file to import using 2200 (or 1930 for that matter).

The attach function on this forum isn't working for me, so the test files can be found here - http://www.afrotude.com/pd8/mp4.zip

The file contains a small mp4 file with the AVI extension and the dxdiag output from my system

Thanks
Are we talking about the same thing? My suggestion was to add a sub-forum here using Wordpress as an example.

How did I answer my own question or somehow leave you hanging?
Maggie,

I have the same problem with voice out of sync. Mine occurs when video speed it changed or if different formats (Avi, Mpeg, MOV) are used on the same timeline.

I've seen a number of people complain about this but have yet to hear any real fix beyond breaking up your video into smaller chunks. I just decided to use music instead.
Yes, but those examples require you to upload your video more than once. Wordpress has a pretty good example of what I'm talking about - Your Wordpress
I come back to this forum every so often to see what new tricks and/or fixes have occurred in the product since the last visit. While looking through the pages, I see links to pretty good video on YouTube, Vimeo, etc..

That said, there doesn't seem to be a centralized place in this forum for members to 'strut their stuff" or show creative ways they've produced their video. Not only is this a good way to build on the PD brand - it's helpful to regular users to understand the editing possibilities. Watching the tutorials is one thing - seeing how someone effectively uses cuts, music, etc. to their movie is another. Many of 'my' best ideas - where taken or are variations of someone else's work.

I guess this long post is a request to add a thread or sub-forum section that would allow members to display and get feedback on their creations. Unless there's a problem, I think it's bad form to just spam this board with - "hey - look at my video" posts (maybe I'm in the minority here)

Yes, I see the big contest section in this forum, but none of my video uses the Particle effect.
I found it - it's under my Documents/Cyberlink/PowerDirector/8.0/MyTitles.

Unfortunately, they are not named like they are in the UI - but easy enough to copy to another machine.
I created a custom title and need to transfer it to another computer. Where are custom title files stored on the hard drive?
Hello,

Before I go recreate the wheel here, I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to create a moving map in PD8. With all the new particle and/motion objects - I wonder is this is a possibility.

If not, what other tools have others used to create this? I searched the forums here and found a routegen program; however, the resulting AVI was pretty bad.

By moving map, I mean a line from one position on a map gradually moving to another, eg a red line following the interstate drive from Atlanta to NYC
Well what do you know - I tried "WMV 9 HD Standard Quality Bill - NTSC" and it worked. Seems the missing space between the dash and NTSC was the problem.
Quote: Haven't time this evening to figure out the exact protocol but if you follow the same naming pattern eg Youtube_4_3_adl then this profile appears in the Youtube tab drop down, same for .wmv tab.
Adrian

That's what I thought - but no dice on WMV side. I even deleted everything from the Cyberlink directory except the one I named and it still wouldn't show (pulled from mediaencoder dir). I've tried the following:

WMV9HDCustomYouTube.prx
WMV 9 HD Custom YouTube.prx
WMV 9 HD Standard Quality Bill -NTSC.prx

Strange

Updating the prx file only partially works - in that the new profile only appears in the YouTube and Facebook tabs. Whether you place the new prx file in the Cyberlink or the C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\Settings folder - the .WMV section doesn't recognize the new template.

Has anyone gotten this to work in PD8? In case you where wondering, the reason its important to have it in this section is so that once all file are created, you can use Youtube's batch upload process (and go to sleep) instead of wait for each video to be uploaded individually.
Go to: