Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 11 Mobile App - Unsupported Codecs
Bill-ATL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2009 19:29 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I've installed both the PD 11 Ultra and Mobile version on my Surface Pro. I have a number of video files (AVI, MP4, etc.) in the public videos folder. When I load PD Mobile, it finds all of the videos, however, it doesn't show the thumbnail and there's a strike through on the tile. If I attempt to select the video and click next, I get the following error:

"PowerDirector Mobile for Ultra/Ultimate cannot import some of your clips because they have unsupported codecs or formats".

Problem is, the Windows 8 Metro Video app displays/plays these videos just fine. In addition, if I open the full version of PD11 (on the same machine), the videos can be imported and play just fine. They all play in VLC and MPC just fine as well - so I'm thinking this isn't a problem with the video. Finally, I installed K-Like Codec Pack "Basic" to see if that would help - no dice.

Anyone else experiencing this problem or have nay insight on how to resolve?
Bill-ATL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2009 19:29 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
No one uses the mobile app?
rickycht [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 03, 2012 07:33 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Not using here too. But that's pretty interesting since it doesn't even play AVI files. What's the version of it if I may ask.