Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So - Where do you show off your videos??
Bill-ATL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2009 19:29 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I come back to this forum every so often to see what new tricks and/or fixes have occurred in the product since the last visit. While looking through the pages, I see links to pretty good video on YouTube, Vimeo, etc..

That said, there doesn't seem to be a centralized place in this forum for members to 'strut their stuff" or show creative ways they've produced their video. Not only is this a good way to build on the PD brand - it's helpful to regular users to understand the editing possibilities. Watching the tutorials is one thing - seeing how someone effectively uses cuts, music, etc. to their movie is another. Many of 'my' best ideas - where taken or are variations of someone else's work.

I guess this long post is a request to add a thread or sub-forum section that would allow members to display and get feedback on their creations. Unless there's a problem, I think it's bad form to just spam this board with - "hey - look at my video" posts (maybe I'm in the minority here)

Yes, I see the big contest section in this forum, but none of my video uses the Particle effect.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bill -

Apart from YouTube, Vimeo and other social video sites... there are a couple of options, both of which require membership.

SeeMyWorldOnVideo is at http://seemyworldonvideo.com/index.php

DirectorZone is at http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/pdr/ On many of these, you can observe the timeline while watching the video. Check out Cranston's masterpiece http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/video/1905

Both these sites feature video produced with PowerDirector.

Happy strutting!

Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 17. 2009 01:50

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bill-ATL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, but those examples require you to upload your video more than once. Wordpress has a pretty good example of what I'm talking about - Your Wordpress
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Cool Bill - you've answered your own question. Is this game called, "Guess what the poster's thinking"?

Cheers - Tony
Bill-ATL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Are we talking about the same thing? My suggestion was to add a sub-forum here using Wordpress as an example.

How did I answer my own question or somehow leave you hanging?
ynotfish
[Post New]
OK - I see -

Since this is a CyberLink Forum & DirectorZone is a CyberLink site for sharing, I suppose that could be regarded as " a place to strut your stuff", if not a sub-forum. I think CyberLink would probable see that as duplication.

Sorry - I don't remember reading the sub-forum reference in your first post. Quite often, members of this forum post links to DirectorZone, SeeMyWorldOnVideo, Vimeo & YouTube. To me, that's as good as a sub-forum. Either way, all you have to do is click!

Cheers - Tony

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I have accounts on YouTube, Veoh, Meta Cafe and Tube Mogul. Altogether they have probably had over 10,000 views. I should have one central location, but each has it's advantages. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM