Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Updating the prx file only partially works - in that the new profile only appears in the YouTube and Facebook tabs. Whether you place the new prx file in the Cyberlink or the C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\Settings folder - the .WMV section doesn't recognize the new template.

Has anyone gotten this to work in PD8? In case you where wondering, the reason its important to have it in this section is so that once all file are created, you can use Youtube's batch upload process (and go to sleep) instead of wait for each video to be uploaded individually.
Hello,

I'm really confused with how to best upload video to Youtube. To be clear, I know how to do so - I'm struggling with the file format issue. Here's the preferred format per Youtube's own site.

YouTube can accept almost any video format for upload, but for most users we have found the following settings give the best results.

* Video Format: H.264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 preferred
* Aspect Ratio: Native aspect ratio without letterboxing (examples: 4:3, 16:9)
* Resolution: 640x360 (16:9) or 480x360 (4:3) recommended
* Audio Format: MP3 or AAC preferred
* Frames per second: 30
* Maximum length: 10 minutes (we recommend 2-3 minutes)
* Maximum file size: 1 GB

So, could go mpeg - but my 8 minute video would be 400mg. I've read on this forum that the WMV/Youtube bitrate is too low for anything beyond stills. I've also read on this forum you can create a custom profile under AVC to use the MP4 extension - but my install only has a dropdown box with specific values (can't edit ro add your own). Finally, there's nowhere in the program that allows me to set 640x360 (only 640x480).

Is this because im using Deluxe, an older build - or just missing the boat here.

Thanks.
Hello,

I notice when I add a custom folder in the Media Room section, it goes away whenever I start a new project (it's saved with the project itself). I'd like to create folders that would be available for all projects, e.g., Logos, Rating System Images, etc.

It would be a pain to add the same files to 10 different projects - 10 different times. Is there a way I can have these folders appear for all new projects?

Hello,

I'm new to PD and have a few questions before I buy the full version. I'm not new to video editing, as I have Videostudio and Premiere Elements. While I suspect at least some of what I'm trying to do can't be achieved in PD, each isn't really a deal breaker - I just want to do my due diligence.

That said, so far I find the program very impressive - everything from the workflow, director zone, and Youtube tutorials. Very nice. Now on to my questions.

1) Is it possible to remove (mask) sections of video in PD8? For instance, the timecode mistakenly being added to the video - can PD8 remove this?
2) Using the video zoom function in the trial version, I notice it always zooms to the center. How can I zoom to a specific section - like with photos?
3) How do you blur sections of a video with PD8, e.g., someones face or a logo on a hat, etc.?
4) I see PD8 supports 5.1 output - but is there a way to add content or set the volume to specific channels in the editor?
5) More of a curiosity than question - is their any particular reason PD8 doesn't export directly to FLV files. Doesn't seem like the MediaShow Expresso does it either. Is there some sort of Adobe restrictions with FLV?

Even if the answers to any of these questions is no - perhaps someone could provide some neat workarounds.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Go to: