Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slide Show
Peter13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2015 18:17 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to make a simple slide show that I can put on Google Sites. The slideshow choices on Powerdirector have all kinds of crazy transitions and effects. I want to just fade from one slide to the next every 3-4 seconds. Is there any way to do this? (I am using Powerdirector 13.)

Thanks.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I would like to make a simple slide show that I can put on Google Sites. The slideshow choices on Powerdirector have all kinds of crazy transitions and effects. I want to just fade from one slide to the next every 3-4 seconds. Is there any way to do this? (I am using Powerdirector 13.)

Thanks.
Sure.

Do not use any of the "canned" slide show templates. Import your images to the media Library, then put them on the PD Timeline.

For simple fade transition go to the transistion room ( F8 ) and click on Fade, then you can Add Fading to all Videos between the medial library and the timeline.

The transition duration is the preference set in Preferences > Editing for Transistions. You can add music of your choice.

If you do not want a fade from one image to the next image, you can pick any of the transitions and apply to all video. You may have to add your chosen transiton to My favorites, then all add random transition to all Videos (if there is only one transition in My Favorites, that transistion will be added to all videos)

There are some nice sliding transitions. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Just to add to what Carl has said, you can also set the default duration for still images in Preferences. Decide on the time you want each slide to be fully displayed then, knowing the transition length, you can work out the default slide length. E.g. if you want each slide displayed for 4 seconds with a 1-second transition between them that would give a slide duration of 5 seconds. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Peter13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Just to add to what Carl has said, you can also set the default duration for still images in Preferences. Decide on the time you want each slide to be fully displayed then, knowing the transition length, you can work out the default slide length. E.g. if you want each slide displayed for 4 seconds with a 1-second transition between them that would give a slide duration of 5 seconds.

Thanks to both of you! I now have all my slides lined up the timeline and I can make a video of them. However, I would like to crossfade from one slide to the next (no fancy effects, just a crossfade), and I don't see how to do it. I am hoping I can just select all the slides and somehow apply a crossfade.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
With the pictures in the time line go to the transition room. Click the 2D and there should be a Fade transition. Click it. Now look just above the time line and there is a button to add fade to all videos. Click that and you will get a context menu with the types of fades available. Choose the one you want. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Peter13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I would like to make a simple slide show that I can put on Google Sites. The slideshow choices on Powerdirector have all kinds of crazy transitions and effects. I want to just fade from one slide to the next every 3-4 seconds. Is there any way to do this? (I am using Powerdirector 13.)

Thanks.
Sure.

Do not use any of the "canned" slide show templates. Import your images to the media Library, then put them on the PD Timeline.

For simple fade transition go to the transistion room ( F8 ) and click on Fade, then you can Add Fading to all Videos between the medial library and the timeline.

The transition duration is the preference set in Preferences > Editing for Transistions. You can add music of your choice.

If you do not want a fade from one image to the next image, you can pick any of the transitions and apply to all video. You may have to add your chosen transiton to My favorites, then all add random transition to all Videos (if there is only one transition in My Favorites, that transistion will be added to all videos)

There are some nice sliding transitions.

Thank you so much! This is the quickest and most helpful forum I have found for anything on the internet!
Peter13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote With the pictures in the time line go to the transition room. Click the 2D and there should be a Fade transition. Click it. Now look just above the time line and there is a button to add fade to all videos. Click that and you will get a context menu with the types of fades available. Choose the one you want.

This worked! Thank you so much. This is the quickest and most helpful forum I have found for anything on the internet!